Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Diesel "Unholy Coctail"
buttah 12:52 PM 03-15-2010
First I'll say, good review I enjoyed reading it. These Pennsylvania Maduros with a lot of ligero filler seem to be a growing trend. RP has a few of them(Winter, Patel Bros, etc). I by no stretch of the imagination have a refined pallete but I know what I like.
To me these cigars are lacking in complexity and flavor. I agree it starts off spicy but after that it blends together and loses something. I've only found one Penn Maduro that I've enjoyed so far and its exclusive to my local B&M.
That said its a quality smoke it just doesn't have that "something" I look for in a cigar. I wouldn't turn one down but I wouldn't buy any either. JMHO.
[Reply]
wayner123 06:55 AM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by buttah:
I wouldn't turn one down but I wouldn't buy any either. JMHO.

That's about the conclusion I have come to as well. I think for my money I can find better quality smokes.

I will say that this is the first cigar I have smoked that smelt exactly like a horse stall pre-light. I even let my wife, who was raised around horses, smell it and she was amazed at how it smelt exactly like a horse stall.
[Reply]
nater 10:16 AM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
That's about the conclusion I have come to as well. I think for my money I can find better quality smokes.

I will say that this is the first cigar I have smoked that smelt exactly like a horse stall pre-light. I even let my wife, who was raised around horses, smell it and she was amazed at how it smelt exactly like a horse stall.
It does have an amazing barnyard smell... Everyone who has smelled them remarks on the same thing!
[Reply]
buttah 10:27 AM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by nater:
It does have an amazing barnyard smell... Everyone who has smelled them remarks on the same thing!
It does indeed.
[Reply]
maninblack 12:34 PM 03-17-2010
Yeah but damn they are tasty.
[Reply]
wayner123 12:44 PM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by nater:
There is a difference to me in barnyard and horse stall. I lived on a farm for years and worked a larger one during the summer. A well kept barnyard smells of sweet hay and tiny musk. This cigar smelt like a big pile of horse crap after he ate a bunch of sweet feed.
[Reply]
SinPena! 03:14 PM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
There is a difference to me in barnyard and horse stall. I lived on a farm for years and worked a larger one during the summer. A well kept barnyard smells of sweet hay and tiny musk. This cigar smelt like a big pile of horse crap after he ate a bunch of sweet feed.

Good ANAL-ogy!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:24 PM 03-18-2010
I got caught up in the hype and picked up a sampler,
I find them to be nothing more then a yard gar,
I guess you get what you pay for.:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Up