Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Slow-Aged by Perdomo Churchill Maduro
cigarz 03:33 PM 03-28-2010
This is my first posted review, so bare with me.

Cigar: Slow-Aged by Perdomo Churchill Maduro (Lot 826)
Beverage: Cup of Joe
Temp: 51

This is a great looking cigar, dark with some veins, that are only mildly prominent. Construction is good, slightly spongy at the foot, but the remainder of the cigar is firm. Pre-light draw was good, with very little flavor.

First Third: Very mild during the first inch, too mild for me. This may have something to do with the spongy foot being less densely packed. After I go through that the flavor remained mild, but with a slightly better profile. Great amount of smoke. Still a little one dimensional, but I enjoyed it. Burn got off mildly but didn't need to be touched up.

Middle Third: Flavor stayed consistent through the 2nd third. Profile widened a little. At least enough to keep my interest. Little bit of pepper on back of tongue and throat, but very mild. Burn straightened out. I was enjoying this cigar.

Last Third: Starting to taste a little tannin as I start the last third, still a mild cigar, but strength is up slightly. An earthy moistness coming in during last half of this third. Burn got a little more off along one of the veins.

Final verdict: This was a very enjoyable smoke and lasted over 90 minutes. I prefer a little more power later in the day, but this is a great morning smoke, or golf smoke and I would buy again.

Mike
Attached:
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:46 PM 03-28-2010
Thanks for the review brother. I have only had a couple of these, but I did enjoy them.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:40 PM 03-28-2010
I like 'em too.:-)
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:37 PM 03-28-2010
Nice review. I agree, great golf smoke. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
G G 06:51 PM 03-28-2010
Will have to try one. Nice review.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:23 PM 03-28-2010
I like these in the glorioso vitola for the course. Works out to about 1 stick per 9 if you have one of *those* golfing buddies: walks up to his ball, takes 6 or 7 practice swings, decides he needs to club up, walks over to the cart to swap ("Carry 2 clubs when I have a cart? Hell no!"), a few more practice swings to really groove that over-the-top move, then shanks it into the next county. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
cigarz 09:38 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I like these in the glorioso vitola for the course. Works out to about 1 stick per 9 if you have one of *those* golfing buddies: walks up to his ball, takes 6 or 7 practice swings, decides he needs to club up, walks over to the cart to swap ("Carry 2 clubs when I have a cart? Hell no!"), a few more practice swings to really groove that over-the-top move, then shanks it into the next county. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
I play with a couple of those guys in our company golf league. :-)
So I may have to look for that vitola.

... and thanks for all the nice comments guys.

mike
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:32 PM 03-30-2010
Nice review, thanks for sharing. Might have to grab a few of these. :-)
[Reply]
Up