kgoings 11:02 AM 03-16-2010
Origin: Nicaragua
Length: 165/7.5
Ring: 40
Vitola/Name : Lonsdale / Lancero
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua

Prelight/Construction: Beautiful Colorado Maduro wrapper. This cigar is firm from head to foot, the wrapper has a nice oily sheen and some predominant veins. Nothing much for aroma or prelight draw. I am very much looking forward to this cigar. I have never smoked one before but have heard some good reviews.
Image Image

First Third: Upon lighting this cigar I get some woodsy and tobacco flavors, the aroma is very nice and smells sweet I hope that is a hint of what is to come! This cigar gives tons of smoke. The ash is pretty firm and almost pure white. The flavor remains the same throughout the entire first third of the cigar, woodsy and tobacco with a very short finish. Over all I am not very impressed with this cigar so far, but hope for goodness to come!

Second Third: Flavor remains the same, and the ash although it looks firm only holds up to maybe one inch. During this third I occasionally begin to get hints of sweetness which is on par with the aroma. The burn is fairly erratic but seems to correct itself every time before I have to touch it up. I am pairing this cigar with water, it is fairly mild so I think a red wine would overpower it. A mild beer may be a good pairing to try. I am still somewhat unimpressed, the flavor is nice but not complex at all.

Last Third: In the last third the cigar began to give me a bit of pepper on the tip of the tongue, it was short lived and went back to woodsy and tobacco flavors, the hints of sweetness have stopped also. With about two inches left in the cigar the flavor became bitter with a taste of cardboard. I had to put this one down early.

Conclusion: (Not Recommended/Pass) Although I was really excited to give this cigar a try, it was a dud. It had a nice woodsy tobacco flavor but that was it.
Attached: _L3D0446.jpg (48.3 KB) _L3D0447.jpg (36.5 KB) _L3D0450.jpg (37.6 KB) _L3D0457.jpg (36.3 KB) _L3D0459.jpg (32.4 KB) 
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:11 AM 03-16-2010
Looks like the rosado. Give the oscuro a try as I think they are much better.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 11:21 AM 03-16-2010
Great review and pics Kirk, thank you for the heads' up. Hope all is well with you.
[Reply]
Razorhog 11:26 AM 03-16-2010
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
tobii3 12:19 PM 03-16-2010
wow...I really like these....sorry they didn't work out for ya!
[Reply]
kgoings 12:32 PM 03-16-2010
Originally Posted by tobii3:
wow...I really like these....sorry they didn't work out for ya!
yea, I was really excited about this one. I will have to give it another try in the future.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 02:50 PM 03-16-2010
Had an oscuro lancero on the golf course today. Was a very enjoyable stick. Might be more up your alley
[Reply]
Uflbassin 01:07 PM 03-17-2010
I really enjoyed this cigar when I had it, sorry to see it didn't go as well for you. I've got a 5'er of the Oscuro lanceros resting in my humi for a bit.
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 04:22 PM 03-17-2010
I had one of these recently, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I was surprised. I actually enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Up