Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain vs Cain
SkinsFanLarry 03:10 PM 10-15-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice side by side comparison. Both sticks are now stables in my humi...and of course, I prefer the maduro!! :-) Thanks for sharing.
I gotta agree with my friend here!

I liked them both, alot, but I still feel the maduro had more of a "punch" to it than the habano....just my opinion.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:56 PM 10-15-2009
Originally Posted by Titan410:
I picked up a Cain today at a B&M and was hoping it would be a powerhouse. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to trying it soon.
It could be a powerhouse. Some guys do find them to be strong, I am just not one of them. :-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 07:24 AM 10-16-2009
Thanks for the write up and impressions. I have never smoked a Cain and was looking at a box of these over the Oliva V. I may just stick with the Vs. They seem more impressive and I like them.
[Reply]
Titan410 03:08 PM 10-19-2009
My local B&M had the Cain 652 Maduro. I picked one up the other day and couldn't put off smoking it any longer. Its very peppery on the finish and the aroma is amazing.
The burn, even though I am smoking it outside in a light breeze, is even. Zero issues with it going out. So far its a winner.
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:19 AM 10-20-2009
Not sure which one I got in the humi, I think it's the maduro. Might have to light it up soon. Thanks for the review Jon.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:25 AM 10-20-2009
Smoked a Habano wrap the other day and was not impressed. :-)

I too was expecting a slap in the face, full flavored cigar. Not very "strong" at all and it was really one-dimensional until about halfway, when it turned to pure ammonia. Tried a purge and it didn't help.

Would I try another one? Sure. Won't buy another one though.
[Reply]
Volt 09:18 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice side by side comparison. Both sticks are now stables in my humi...and of course, I prefer the maduro!! :-) Thanks for sharing.
Who knew Mac likes maduros - what a suprise.....
[Reply]
captain53 08:03 PM 03-26-2010
I tried my first Cain today, a 660 Habano and found it to be very smooth and far from anything that would kick the ass of any seasoned smoker. Burn was excellent for a big stick and had a nice draw. Overall pretty much right in line with the original review. Good Cigar.:-)
[Reply]
1badhog07 08:33 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
I gotta agree with my friend here!

I liked them both, alot, but I still feel the maduro had more of a "punch" to it than the habano....just my opinion.
i agree,the maduro was better for me also...:-)
[Reply]
cigarlvr 04:32 PM 03-27-2010
Maduros on this on is the way to go
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up