Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Suggestions needed for Cigar Art
Blak Smyth 09:07 AM 09-16-2011
I am thinking about starting to oil paint cigar artwork. I know a couple people currently do this kind of stuff so there might not be any market for this. I plan to offer my artwork originals on canvas for a very affordable price or trade to interested CA members. It will all be one of a kind originals with no prints available.

I am looking for suggestions of subject matter that would appeal to the cigar enthusiast. I have the goal of selling some of my art and would like to know what you BOTL & SOTL here might be interested in.
You are in no way requesting a purchase or ordering anything by making a suggestion of what you would like to see, I just want your opinions. Thank you.

So what ideas do you have?
kelmac07 09:15 AM 09-16-2011
A whole bunch of maduros. :-) :-)
irratebass 09:28 AM 09-16-2011
I am VERY interested in something like this....for my "man cave"

I would like to see a nice stogie sitting on top of a nice glass of some alcoholic beverage

Also I would like to see a silloutte of a person (man or woman) exhaling and having the smoke really be the stand out on the picture.

I will think of some more, because I have been thinking about some cigar art, and what has been offered online has been too pricey for me.
blacklabel 09:44 AM 09-16-2011
I would love some cigar art as well to go in my bar! Can't wait to see some pics of the work!
DBall 10:04 AM 09-16-2011
Some of the more rare/one-off bands
T.G 10:19 AM 09-16-2011
Jesus riding a velociraptor while smoking a cigar and drinking a mojito.
Blak Smyth 10:24 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Some of the more rare/one-off bands
Like what specificly?
replicant_argent 10:35 AM 09-16-2011
Sgt. Rock, with two fistfuls of BOOM, chewing on a stogie and annihilating a platoon of Nazi Swine.
cort 10:48 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Jesus riding a velociraptor while smoking a cigar and drinking a mojito.
Saddle or bareback?
icehog3 10:48 AM 09-16-2011
Gene Hackman in a powder blue tuxedo, smoking a Rocky Patel The Edge.
irratebass 10:59 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by Cort:
Saddle or bareback?
Jesus don't need no saddle, whatsamattu?:-)
cort 11:08 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Jesus don't need no saddle, whatsamattu?:-)
You ever rode a velociraptor bareback?
Blak Smyth 11:09 AM 09-16-2011
You ever ride a velociraptor bareback backwards naked through a cornfield?
Fixt:-)
Zeuceone 11:10 AM 09-16-2011
Check out the stogie photography thread. Some nice pictures in there.
WittyUserName 11:16 AM 09-16-2011
You ever rode a velociraptor bareback?
HAHAHA

But seriously Shane. I was thinking the silhouette of a man/woman smoking a cigar. But have the Cigar in full color (ie, not just a silhouette). All rights reserved as well as the first official print and all working projects.
replicant_argent 11:50 AM 09-16-2011
15 Naked Transvestites all lying on a floor, smoking, and their sprawled bodies shaping an ISOM.

That's what I'm talkin' bout, Willis.
Blak Smyth 11:55 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
15 Naked Transvestites all lying on a floor, smoking, and their sprawled bodies shaping an ISOM.

That's what I'm talkin' bout, Willis.
maybe we reel it back just a pinch on the conceptualism!:-)
replicant_argent 11:57 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
maybe we reel it back just a pinch on the conceptualism!:-)
If one is good, 15 must be better, and you could sell it for a Queens Ransom, my good man!
irratebass 12:01 PM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
If one is good, 15 must be better, and you could sell it for a Queens Ransom, my good man!
:-)

Well this thread went out of control pretty quickly :-)
shilala 12:12 PM 09-16-2011
I think a bunch of cc's in a row viewed from 5:00 tilted on maybe a 30 degree from horizontal axis would look wicked cool. Black and white. Or maybe black on some neutral color to match walls.

Another thought...
You're really good at taking ideas from guys and putting them to mock-up. Do custom work based on the input you get from guys. Maybe they'd even submit photos you could work from?
I took a set of pics awhile back and put them in a super wide frame and I loved it. I had it outside so it didn't last. If I could find that and have you do an original with a variety of cc bands, that'd rock.

What kind of pricetag would something like that carry? Obviously size would dictate, but maybe a size/price range?
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up