Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Viaje Question
awsmith4 02:57 PM 08-23-2010
Seems to be a lot of talk about Viaje Cigars and it peeked my interest. On their website that they re available at a shop about 30mins from here and before I make the drive I was wondering if they are popular because of hype or substance? Are they strength or complexity? I ask because sometimes hype builds around strong cigars that lack in great flavor. Last question would be which is your favorite?
[Reply]
BryanB 03:02 PM 08-23-2010
They are absolutely worth the trip. I haven't had a bad one yet. The only one I haven't tried is the Skull and Bones. I prefer the ORO but they are all fantastic.
[Reply]
kydsid 03:03 PM 08-23-2010
I am interested also. Subscribed.
[Reply]
TripleF 03:05 PM 08-23-2010
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat stick.....if you like Tats you'll be happy!!

My fav is the skull & crossbones! Hard to find I think they only made 150 boxes. I bought the last 7 a local shop
had :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:09 PM 08-23-2010
AWESOME sticks...have tried damn near all of them. My favorites...

Holiday Blend (top two sticks of all time)
Skull N Bones
Reserva
[Reply]
GolfNut 03:13 PM 08-23-2010
I was really confused at first. When I heard Viaje, all I thought of was the La Vieja Habana and I just couldn't wrap my brain around what I was reading.

Good to know it is something ENTIRELY different!
[Reply]
awsmith4 03:27 PM 08-23-2010
So what are the core blends?
[Reply]
Darrell 03:28 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat stick.....if you like Tats you'll be happy!!

My fav is the skull & crossbones! Hard to find I think they only made 150 boxes. I bought the last 7 a local shop
The last 7 boxes? Damn!!!
[Reply]
bscottskangum 03:37 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Greedy bastage :-)
[Reply]
JJG 03:44 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
So what are the core blends?
I believe the Oro and Platino are their regular lines and everything else is a limited release.

I've only had the Oro but I thought it was very complex and refined. However It didn't have a real unique or interesting flavor, just good, expensive tobacco. Don't get me wrong, it was very tasty. I'm just not sure I could pick it out of a lineup among other similarly priced smokes.
[Reply]
Dunkel 03:52 PM 08-23-2010
I've smoked the Platino and thought it was very good, and the other day I smoked a 50/50 and thought it was great. IMO The 50/50 was more complex than the Platino and they were both medium / full.
[Reply]
TripleF 04:11 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
The last 7 boxes? Damn!!!
LOL not boxes, indiviuals Darrel :-)

The Oro and the Paltino are there standard lines. I just smoked my first Oro today and boy did I love it :-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 04:24 PM 08-23-2010
The Fifty Fifty Black was awesome, some say its too full so Andre made the red label Fifty Fifty.
The Summerfest was good too.

I believe its substance over hype with Viaje.
[Reply]
Pass 04:27 PM 08-23-2010
I can't even FIND a shop that sells them anywhere near me :-) I've been interested in them for forever!!! Especially that 50/50 and summerfest that I hear so much about.
[Reply]
GolfNut 04:53 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
I can't even FIND a shop that sells them anywhere near me :-) I've been interested in them for forever!!! Especially that 50/50 and summerfest that I hear so much about.
Tower cigars shows both of those for sale since you can't find local. HTH
[Reply]
bigswol2 05:09 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by BryanB:
They are absolutely worth the trip. I haven't had a bad one yet. The only one I haven't tried is the Skull and Bones. I prefer the ORO but they are all fantastic.
I haven't tried them but if they get your seal of approval... well and big Cle's I think I'm gonna ride over there and check them out.
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 06:43 PM 08-23-2010
thanks for the info everyone. Will have to source these next weekend when I am in the US.
[Reply]
bigliver 07:27 PM 08-23-2010
Well worth the trip. Even the regular lines from Viaje are small batch productions compared to other.
[Reply]
JJG 07:28 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
I can't even FIND a shop that sells them anywhere near me :-)
I was surprised to see on their website that there are zero retailers in Houston!

There is one shop listed in Sugarland, which is only 30min away. but as popular as Viaje has become, I can't believe there aren't more places carrying them in such a large city. :-)
[Reply]
treatneggy 11:07 PM 08-23-2010
Found a local shop here on their list, but they only stock the Platinos. I've bought a couple but keep leaving them in the traveldor too long and had burn issues with both.

Think I will try to get out again soon and pick up a couple more to try.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up