Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Best Places in the World to Smoke a Cigar (article)
SmokeyJoe 02:14 PM 08-21-2010
Found this interesting...

http://www.gadling.com/2010/08/19/th...oke-a-cigar%2F
[Reply]
The Poet 02:30 PM 08-21-2010
Interesting, and thanks. But I have to question the writer's assertion that 9 of the 10 best places IN THE WORLD are in the USA . . . especially when his article is prefaced with a humidor full of CCs. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:30 PM 08-21-2010
Thanks for the read, he definitely put some thought into his choices. I was expecting places like Havana or Calle Ocho so the somewhat obscure choices were interesting.

Not to thread jack but one I would add would be on the banks of the Chattahoochee River. Due to the fact that the lower Chattahoochee comes off the bottom of Lake Lanier the river is cold year round and in the warmer months keeps it cool on the banks. The northern part of the Hooch winds through the N. GA mountains so either local is great scenery.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:34 PM 08-21-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Interesting, and thanks. But I have to question the writer's assertion that 9 of the 10 best places IN THE WORLD are in the USA . . . especially when his article is prefaced with a humidor full of CCs. :-)
Yeah that's a bit bias....just a bit.
[Reply]
M1903A1 02:37 PM 08-21-2010
Best place in the world to smoke a cigar?

The Shack. 'Nuff said. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 03:36 PM 08-21-2010
Originally Posted by M1903A1:

:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 03:44 PM 08-21-2010
Good read, I have done 3 of them.
[Reply]
awsmith4 03:45 PM 08-21-2010

Originally Posted by hotreds:
:-)
I agree wholeheartedly, I wish i was there this year with y'all have a great time!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:45 PM 08-21-2010
Nice...only done 1.
[Reply]
Chingas 08:02 PM 08-21-2010
Thanks for the read.

I'm adding
western rim grand canyon

Any sunset overlooking water

Mohave Dessert

Death Valley - of course!

Bryce Canyon

Under a sky of fireworks

Well, you get the point.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 08:06 PM 08-21-2010
I smoked a few in some great places, but I still enjoy sitting in my yard in the evening before the sun goes down. Best part of the day for me :-)
[Reply]
smokin5 09:17 PM 08-22-2010
What?!! He didn't include my back deck?
And he calls himself well-travelled - :-)
[Reply]
Powers 09:30 PM 08-22-2010
Cool! I've had a stogie in the French quarter, only one accomplished on the list. I would love to enjoy one on the Brooklyn Bridge :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 01:57 AM 08-24-2010
I have to agree. While some of his suggestions are interesting, I was just left with the impression that he's just not particularly well traveled.

"The Brooklyn Bridge is the most beautiful edifice ever created by man".

Really? Apparently he's never seen a cathedral, The Vatican, the Tower of London, the Colosseum, the Parthenon, the Pyramids, etc. As impressive an engineering accomplishment as that bridge it, and while it does hold a certain intrinsic beauty, to label it the most beautiful structure built by man just illustrates his bias and contributes to the impress of a lack of travel experience.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 04:58 AM 08-24-2010
I had no idea there was a smoking fort on a clifftop in Colchester. Can't be but 10 minutes from me. Going to have to do some legwork.

I gave a good pal a handful of smokes this weekend because he was headed to Saratoga. He enjoyed the smoke but has no idea how to pick em.
[Reply]
Les Nessman 05:19 AM 08-24-2010
Surprised to see that I regularly smoke at the number one place in the world (well, at least according to this guy). You have to pick a time when it's not crowded with tourists, otherwise it's annoying. But yeah, walking across the bridge with a cigar on a crisp winter evening is pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:27 AM 08-24-2010
He never herfed with the BABOTL! Herfing anywhere with this group is one of the best experiences ever!!!:-)
[Reply]
kydsid 07:57 AM 08-24-2010
I'd have never figured I have smoked a cigar in four of the places on that list. I have to disagree that Phoenix in March is where to be though, Tuscon is better. :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 08:01 AM 08-24-2010
with a humidor full of CCs. :-)
Some of them are old too, those Monte and Upmann bands are the old style.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:08 AM 08-24-2010

Obviously he has never been to Marblehead, Ohio.

Or to Ireland for that matter....A cigar at the Cliffs of Moher was pretty cool.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up