Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 91011
All Cigar Discussion>No Mention of the Tat Exclusive?
bigliver 04:09 AM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by bigliver:
Haven't got to burn one yet. Maybe I'll save them till next herf.
Edit: Just lit one. I got to thinking about them and decided I could wait no longer.
[Reply]
klipsch 09:25 AM 08-29-2010
Has anybody not liked these?
[Reply]
longknocker 09:29 AM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
Not That I Know Of; I Liked It So Much, I Had To Post A Review!:-)
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35749
[Reply]
Starz26 12:46 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:

I have not. tried to smoke 5-8 of them and each one had burn problems, harsh, tight roll. There is nothing worse than having to work to draw on a cigar. Center of the cherry got rock hard and then started tunneling. Had to cut above the ash and relight.....

Granted the burn issue could have been my fault but the tight roll, not so much.

I finally did get one yesterday that burned and drew perfect and it was enjoyable. the only reason I stuck with these and did not sell my other bundles is because everyone liked them so much...I did end up selling most of the 1st bundle though

Time will tell.
[Reply]
neoflex 01:56 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Starz26:
I have not. tried to smoke 5-8 of them and each one had burn problems, harsh, tight roll. There is nothing worse than having to work to draw on a cigar. Center of the cherry got rock hard and then started tunneling. Had to cut above the ash and relight.....

Granted the burn issue could have been my fault but the tight roll, not so much.

I finally did get one yesterday that burned and drew perfect and it was enjoyable. the only reason I stuck with these and did not sell my other bundles is because everyone liked them so much...I did end up selling most of the 1st bundle though

Time will tell.
Let me know if your looking to unload any more of them.
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:34 PM 08-29-2010

Time will tell.
Out of curiousity, what RH is your humidor at? Many times burn and draw issues can be related to high humidity. I am not saying that this is the case with your humidor, but it would be worth checking.
[Reply]
Starz26 05:39 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Out of curiousity, what RH is your humidor at? Many times burn and draw issues can be related to high humidity. I am not saying that this is the case with your humidor, but it would be worth checking.

65% in the aristocrat, 65% in the coolerdor using beads. I think they arrived wet.....

I also think I have been toasting the foot for too long lately so I think it is a combo. Cigar burns, then if you feel the cigar below the burn line the tobacco under the wrapper it is rock hard behind the burn line. When I cut the cherry off the center of the cherry is rock hard like it turned into charcoal.....
[Reply]
longknocker 08:57 PM 08-29-2010
65% in the aristocrat, 65% in the coolerdor using beads. I think they arrived wet.....

I also think I have been toasting the foot for too long lately so I think it is a combo. Cigar burns, then if you feel the cigar below the burn line the tobacco under the wrapper it is rock hard behind the burn line. When I cut the cherry off the center of the cherry is rock hard like it turned into charcoal.....
Interesting, Eric. The Draw On My Stick Was Very Easy And I Only Rested It A Week In My Humi @ 65RH. Burn Was Razor Sharp & Never Went Out Even After Several Minutes Of Rest. Wonder If You Just Got A Bad "Bunch"?:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:35 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Interesting, Eric. The Draw On My Stick Was Very Easy And I Only Rested It A Week In My Humi @ 65RH. Burn Was Razor Sharp & Never Went Out Even After Several Minutes Of Rest. Wonder If You Just Got A Bad "Bunch"?:-)
Ditto!

I rested mine for about a week as well -- my humi is at a solid 65%. Had no problems, in fact just like Greg I had the opposite -- perfect burn and a good draw.
[Reply]
klipsch 09:55 AM 08-30-2010
I think I've smoked 9-10 of these so far and until last Saturday I had no draw issues at all. It's funny...I sat out on my front steps watching the crowd across the street come and go down to the river for the Dragon Boat races and Chinese Cultural Festival. The one time I have a draw issue...and then the wrapper stated unraveling because I cut the cap too far down trying to fix the draw. Working my ass off trying to get the stick to smoke right...I imagined some Macanudo smoking old man watching me from across the street, thinking "that guy over there doesn't have a clue about how to smoke a cigar" :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 91011
Up