Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>What's the best smoke YOU'VE found on a military base?
bigdix 08:35 AM 09-04-2010
No luck here...poorly kept, and likely very old. Some Fuente crap (Curlyhead, etc.) ....but I think the best they may have to offer is a Brickhouse. Someone should seriously move in and get us some decent smokes!! :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 10:58 AM 09-04-2010
Some 8-5-8 AF naturals and maduros at Subase Groton Ct
[Reply]
bvilchez 02:22 PM 09-04-2010
Padron Anni and Boli Gold Medal...in my desktop at work:-)

Seriously though I've never seen anything worthwhile on any base....and I've been on quite a few of them
[Reply]
bigdix 08:53 PM 09-04-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:

Seriously though I've never seen anything worthwhile on any base....and I've been on quite a few of them
Yeah, me neither...was just curious if there was a "golden nugget" out there somewhere...I should know better.
[Reply]
bvilchez 09:03 PM 09-04-2010
I remember Mike(wavescrashing) once told me he found some Fuentes (WOAM I think) on Camp Pendleton at the Vineyard (wine store on base). That was a one time thing though. All I ever see is Cuesta Rey and damn Curly Heads.
[Reply]
Shemp Howard 02:16 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:

I've been on Marine and Navy bases from Japan to California to the east coast and Iraq and never seen anything worth picking up. Even if you did look at the storage. They are not in humidors, just left to dry out. Chesty Puller wouldn't even smoke one I bet.
[Reply]
bigdix 03:56 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard:
I've been on Marine and Navy bases from Japan to California to the east coast and Iraq and never seen anything worth picking up. Even if you did look at the storage. They are not in humidors, just left to dry out. Chesty Puller wouldn't even smoke one I bet.
Yeah, I checked one out here in Okinawa lately...the "humidor" actually had a "hygrometer" in it :-) It read 89 degrees and 88% RH. Real good environment for those curlyheads :-)
[Reply]
Shemp Howard 04:14 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
Yeah, I checked one out here in Okinawa lately...the "humidor" actually had a "hygrometer" in it :-) It read 89 degrees and 88% RH. Real good environment for those curlyheads :-)
Don't going buying anything on "BC" street. Your not even safe double wrapping your little sailor.
[Reply]
bigdix 05:22 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard:
Don't going buying anything on "BC" street. Your not even safe double wrapping your little sailor.
Heard. :-)
[Reply]
Partagaspete 07:34 AM 09-05-2010
Ramstein has a Canadien and British B/X (both are small) but you can usually get PSD4's and BBF's and many other great smokes. They use to priced real low (think duty free) but I hear they have jacked up the price a bit making the local Gerrman shops competitive.
[Reply]
Up