Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>B&M or good place to smoke in Brooklyn?
timj219 08:58 AM 08-25-2010
I get to go to Brooklyn this weekend to visit #3 son. Lox and Bagels, Corned Beef on Rye, a visit to the Met or MOMA or the Guggenheim. Or maybe Natural History - haven't been there in a few years. And the boy says he's found a polish restaurant in Bushwick he wants to take us to. Can't wait.

Anybody have a recommendation for a good B&M or cigar lounge in Brooklyn? I'll be staying in Bushwick on the edge of Wiliamsburgh. I'll be in manhattan too at least one day.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:03 AM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by timj219:
Lox and Bagels, Corned Beef on Rye
:-)
[Reply]
timj219 09:17 AM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
What's the trouble? Katz's doesn't have a Wisconsin location? :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:21 AM 08-25-2010
PM Mr. Maduro, I think he's from Brooklyn and can probably tell you.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:39 AM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by timj219:
Katz's
[Reply]
timj219 11:01 AM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by volfan:
Nothing near bushwick. There is one decent place that opens at 5pm in Fort Greene close to the manhattan bridge. It is called Diamante's

http://www.yelp.com/biz/diamantes-br...ounge-brooklyn

otherwise you are better off going on into manhattan and hitting merchant's east or carnegie club. not sure about the membership joints in town. there is rooftop cigar smoking in manhattan at a few spots as well.
Mr Maduro also recommended Diamante's. And Fort Greene is only a couple miles from bushwick. When I did a google it came up at 3.7 miles. Of course in NY that could mean an hour of driving :-). But Diamante's looks good I think we'll try to hit it.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 01:26 PM 08-25-2010
Tim, let us know how your little trip turns out.

Have some Q time with # 3 son! :-)

[Reply]
timj219 06:54 PM 09-02-2010
Well I never did make it to Diamantes - too busy. But despite the fact that my son and I dutifully accompanied my wife while she shopped for a day and a half, we did manage to stumble upon an outstanding Indian restaurant on Bleeker street in the village. And we did manage to enjoy cigars on his apartment roof each night. So the trip was a big success.

Most amusing part of the trip was finding a farmers market down the street from his place selling orgainc produce grown on a one acre rooftop farm in the heart of brooklyn.
[Reply]
Up