Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Dallas/Fort Worth BOTLs?
Eagle53 11:30 PM 06-06-2010
I will be moving in late August to Haslet for 4 months and could use a local BOTL to smoke with/show me around. Anyone from the area?
[Reply]
druturn 12:20 AM 06-07-2010
Yes sir! I am from north Dallas, Lewisville/Carrollton to be exact! We have some incredible B&Ms around here! I will be back there early July and would be more than willing to smoke with a fellow BOTL!
[Reply]
Eagle53 08:45 AM 06-07-2010
Sounds great!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:53 AM 06-07-2010
I've gotta agree with Drew, we have many amazing B&M's in the area...wherever you are (Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington) you'll have a great B&M within just a few minutes drive.

I've been on the forums a little over a month now and haven't really seen any DFW herfs going on. I think we need to scrounge up the DFW (and other Texans close by) BOTL's and get a herf together...maybe in a few months when we get some fall weather and it's not 100 degrees outside :-)

I'm sure we could find a B&M to have it at though, plenty of ones with lounges inside that would be nice and air conditioned, hah.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:54 AM 06-07-2010
Some awesome BOTLs in that area.
[Reply]
Eagle53 08:54 AM 06-07-2010
Yeah the 1 thing im not looking forward to is the heat there. It rarely gets above 95 during the hottest part of the summer in Tampa....gotta love ocean breezes
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:14 AM 06-07-2010
Well, if you're getting here by August you'll just be catching the tail end of the overly hot weather :-) And if you're only going to be here 4 months, you'll miss most of the bitterly cold weather too, lol
[Reply]
Brooks W 10:12 AM 06-07-2010
I am downtown Dallas....we have some great BOTL here, give me a PM when you get to town and we will set up a herf :-)

~brooks
[Reply]
Huskysibe 10:24 AM 06-07-2010
I too am moving to the DFW area in Nov. Looking for a house to buy in the burbs right now. Cant wait to check out the B&M's and hopefully get to meet a few of you guys!

Billy
[Reply]
croatan 05:12 PM 06-07-2010
Quite a few guys from the area around here and get together in Fort Worth fairly regularly.

Broozer is going to be in town in a couple of weeks; maybe we can get something together for that weekend. Gotta check dates.

And we'll be doing the Second Annual Don't Mess with Texas Herf in October. See last year's thread here.
[Reply]
1badhog07 06:21 PM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
Quite a few guys from the area around here and get together in Fort Worth fairly regularly.

Broozer is going to be in town in a couple of weeks; maybe we can get something together for that weekend. Gotta check dates.

And we'll be doing the Second Annual Don't Mess with Texas Herf in October. See last year's thread here.
well make sure you dont forget about us down here in south texas..:-)
[Reply]
Eagle53 04:49 PM 08-20-2010
I have moved! I am now in the Keller area in Riverside Villas Apartments. My girlfriend will be in town til early Sunday morning so anytime after that I am down to hang!
[Reply]
acruce 10:00 PM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by Eagle53:
Yeah the 1 thing im not looking forward to is the heat there. It rarely gets above 95 during the hottest part of the summer in Tampa....gotta love ocean breezes
Its not that bad .:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:01 PM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:

:-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 06:05 AM 08-21-2010
I have moved! I am now in the Keller area in Riverside Villas Apartments. My girlfriend will be in town til early Sunday morning so anytime after that I am down to hang!
Hey, have you heard about the Cigar Celebration on Tuesday night? A lot of DFW botl are getting together (and free cigars, albeit crappy ones, and free booze does not hurt either)...it is being put on by one of the cigar companies)...

If you can make it (Tuesday night at 6pm-8:30 at Sullivan's steakhouse in Dallas) pm me, and I will send you an invite (They keep a list, so you have to have your name on it to get in)...

Goes for all BOTL here in DFW, of course...we would love to meet yall :-)

~brooks
[Reply]
druturn 04:53 PM 08-21-2010
I will be back there in a few weeks, if you want to check out one of my favorite B&Ms in north Dallas(farmers branch, to be specific), I would be down for a smoke!
[Reply]
Beagleone 02:45 PM 08-23-2010
There are quite a few of us in the Greater DFW area. Croatan and I usually meet up once or twice a week, if not more often). Since you are in the Keller area, you may want to look more towards Fort Worth or the Mid-cities (traffic is killer some days). I am in Euless and sometimes can be found at Town & Country (121/Glade in Euless) or Up in Smoke (Irving), but will be up for meeting you this weekend if possible.

Make sure to check out the 2nd Annual Don't Mess With Texas thread and plan on joining us in October.
[Reply]
JimmyPeaches 08:21 PM 08-23-2010
Hey all!

It's been awhile since I've been active on the forum, I've just been really involved at work and kind of finding my way around my area (Carrollton/North Dallas/Farmers Branch/Plano).

It's good to see that there's such a good concentration of BOTL's in the area.
[Reply]
Eagle53 08:29 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
There are quite a few of us in the Greater DFW area. Croatan and I usually meet up once or twice a week, if not more often). Since you are in the Keller area, you may want to look more towards Fort Worth or the Mid-cities (traffic is killer some days). I am in Euless and sometimes can be found at Town & Country (121/Glade in Euless) or Up in Smoke (Irving), but will be up for meeting you this weekend if possible.

Make sure to check out the 2nd Annual Don't Mess With Texas thread and plan on joining us in October.
sounds awesome. I just had my first day or work today and i gotta figure out what my weekend is shaping up to be but ill let you know soon.
[Reply]
Up