Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Review: AVO 787
RichardW 08:06 PM 01-11-2009
This cigar has been around for a while, but it is new for me and I was gifted one by one of the local boys (thanks, Bill!) and received one in a recent NST trade (thanks, Vin!)

Cigar: AVO 787
Size: Perfecto 50 x 5 7/8"
Wrapper: Ecuadoran Connecticut
Filler: DR
Flavor Strength: medium
Suspected Age: N/A
Hype:
Avo 787 cigars represent one of Avo Uvezian & Hendrik Kelner's most exquisite and flavorful cigars ever. Introduced in 2007, the Avo 787 selection is blended with an all-Dominican longfiller tobacco core bound in San Vicente leaf, and flawlessly rolled in a golden Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper. Expect an exceptionally creamy, complex, and medium-bodied smoke brimming with toasty flavors of nuts, coffee, and a sweet, enticing aroma. A 'must' for Avo fanatics and all lovers of fine cigars.
This perfecto has wonderful pre-light tobacco aromas of wood, earth, and spice and a nearly flawless milk-chocolate colored wrapper. Sorry that I didn't take photos -- maybe next time :-) This figurado begins with sharp, earthy flavors similar to the Davidoff Millennium blend and opens into smooth, round flavors of coffee and nuts with a long smooth finish. The final third ramps up with a stronger woody and spicy finish. At times there was a slight hint of mint. A complex, enjoyable cigar. Thanks, Bin and Bill :-)
[Reply]
totallytentative 09:30 PM 01-11-2009
Thanks for the review. I had been wondering about these.
[Reply]
papajohn67 11:11 PM 01-11-2009
Those PNW boy's write nice reviews. The 787 does not toot my horn as much as some of the other AVO's. You need to give the 80th a try...heck next I wander down to SJ's on a Tuesday night I'll bring you one to try. :-)
[Reply]
RichardW 11:36 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Those PNW boy's write nice reviews. The 787 does not toot my horn as much as some of the other AVO's. You need to give the 80th a try...heck next I wander down to SJ's on a Tuesday night I'll bring you one to try. :-)
Gee .. I've never had one of those :-)
[Reply]
BillyCigars 06:32 PM 01-12-2009
Glad you liked it Richard!

Next to the Avo LE 2007 & the 80th Anniversary, i's my favorite Avo!!! One fine cigar. Great review :-)
[Reply]
Up