Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Willem II amanda
Don Fernando 01:19 PM 10-15-2008
This is a small 95mm ring 32 shortfiller, with a nice pretty dark wrapper and an aroma of dried hay.

The cigar tastes pretty harsh, but that can be expected from a cigar this size but it’s not unpleasant. I can taste some leather and something grassy. Halfway the flavors change a bit to a tobacco flavor. Towards the end the cigar gets harsh again, sharp and unpleasant.

It’s a surprise how much smoke this little cigar produces. The ash is firm and light and the burn is nice and even. Draw is a bit to easy.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, too small for me
[Reply]
Tw3nty 08:23 PM 10-15-2008
sounds like a crazy cigar.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:00 PM 10-16-2008
Never heard of this cigar. Where did you get it?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:36 PM 10-16-2008
Willem II is quite easy to get here, it's a dry cigar from Dutch origin.
[Reply]
cigaraddict 03:25 AM 12-18-2008
I must dissagree , the willem 2 amanda is my most favorite cigar ever , at first i bought one pack and fell in love and have kept buying more they are so delicious , after you had one i get that funny feeling in my stomach like im hungry and want to smoke another . the willem 2 amanda have a nice sweet taste thats also aromatic with a very pleasant fresh taste of natural tobacco
[Reply]
rsamos 05:25 AM 12-18-2008
Thanks for the review. Chalk me up as another who has never heard of these.

I tend to like smaller RG sticks, but a 32 would be small even by my standards. It seems that the more the RG shrinks, the tougher it is to roll a decent one.

cigaraddict: What is it you disagree with? That he didn't like them, or that he doesn't care for smaller cigars?
[Reply]
cigaraddict 10:56 PM 12-18-2008
Originally Posted by rsamos:
Thanks for the review. Chalk me up as another who has never heard of these.

I tend to like smaller RG sticks, but a 32 would be small even by my standards. It seems that the more the RG shrinks, the tougher it is to roll a decent one.

cigaraddict: What is it you disagree with? That he didn't like them, or that he doesn't care for smaller cigars?
in my opinion i just disagree about the harsness he mentioned , these cigars need to be smoked slowly , but everyone is differant and what is harsh to him is not to me , but he is spot on about the tobacco flavor and its that special flavor about these that i really love .

yes its really hard to find information about these particular brand , i only know about them cos my tobacconist and a few other places around where i live sell them also . I just bought the willem2 redline of short panatella 5 pack i havnt tried them yet but i will tonight and let you know how they are
[Reply]
cigaraddict 11:04 PM 01-05-2009
i have tryed the willem 2 short panatella 5 pack , and i now am addicted to them more so lol . they are a little spicy sweet mild and chocolaty the aftertase is dark chocolate with fresh tobacco tones during the smoke very nice . The dutch do know how to make premium cigars , its just the perfect blend for my palate
[Reply]
Up