Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Rica robusto
Don Fernando 09:56 AM 01-03-2009
I bought this 4 ¾ x 50Nicaraguan cigar with the Ecuadorian wrapper in a shop in Antwerp last summer. It’s packed in a nice shiny yellow tube with the words “rich full flavour” written on the outside. The wrapper is rough an manly, raw and has some veins. The aroma is light, while the construction feels good. The predraw is fine and leaves a peppery flavor in my mouth.

A nice spicy leather flavor is what I taste when I lit the cigar with some wood on the background but both the spiciness and the wood disappear soon leaving me with a nice leather flavor. Halfway some creamy chocolate joins the leather and at the end all I can taste are nutty flavors.

The draw is fine and the cigar gives me a lot of white smoke. If I smoked this at the Vatican people would think there’s a new pope elected. The ash if firm and silver gray and the burn is flawless. Full flavored like written on the tube and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes if I can find them for a nice price

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 8 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
borndead1 12:43 PM 01-03-2009
Thanks for the review, I always like reading your reviews.

Did a Google search and it looks like this line of cigars is only available in Europe.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 12:45 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:

Did a Google search and it looks like this line of cigars is only available in Europe.
I can pick some up if you want, I know huis verloo also ships overseas
[Reply]
borndead1 02:27 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyNL:
I can pick some up if you want, I know huis verloo also ships overseas

Thanks for the offer! I will have to pass at this time though. Stone broke! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:46 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
thank you, that means a lot to me
[Reply]
Up