Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>White owl grape
Don Fernando 04:35 AM 01-03-2009
Another review in the “Volt flavored cigar series” and another White owl, the grape flavored one this time. This cigar is 4 ¾ inch long with a 40 ring. The wrapper is flawless, as it’s made out of tobacco paper and not real tobacco.

The construction isn’t that good as little pieces of tobacco fall out of the cigar, which shows it’s a short filler. The aroma is sweet, a fruity bubblegum smell.

What can I say? Fortunately I can’t taste a lot of flavor in this smoke, just some bubblegum like I used to buy when I was a kid. The draw, burn and smoke of this cigar are good, but that’s all.

Would I buy this cigar again? What do you think? No!

Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 4 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 4 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 4 / 10
Aroma (last part) 4 / 10
[Reply]
Volt 05:31 AM 01-03-2009
Don, your willingness and ability to smoke any cigar has me in awe. Many lessor people would have given up by now. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 05:37 AM 01-03-2009
Have to admit that Don is a tough guy. Now I want to see a lutefisk review in the good eats section.:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:39 AM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Don, your willingness and ability to smoke any cigar has me in awe. Many lessor people would have given up by now. :-)
I have 3 flavored cigars left, then I am done smoking any dog rockets, period.
[Reply]
Volt 06:57 AM 01-03-2009
3 more? I didn't think I sent that many different types. The real scary part, I only sent a tip of the iceberg as to what's available. There are tons of "fine" cigars still left to sample if you change your mind.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:07 AM 01-03-2009
Your willingness to put yourself at risk to give us these reviews is inspiring!!!

Sick but inspiring!!!
:-)
[Reply]
md4958 08:09 AM 01-03-2009
I would never disparage any cigar because somewhere, SOMEBODY likes these, but I gotta say Don, you are really being a good sport about this!
[Reply]
Up