Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nub 358 cameroon
Don Fernando 08:49 AM 01-02-2009
This is one of the hyped up Nubs, the 3 ¾ inch small ring 58 with the Cameroon wrapper. The cigar has a strong aroma of manure, a light colored wrapper with small veins but the predraw is too light, too easy even though the cigar feels well constructed.

After lighting I could taste that this cigar is made my Oliva due to their recognizable sweet flavor that you find in any Oliva blend, but it’s combined with a spicy herb flavor. Soon after it’s wood instead of the sweetness but the spicy herbs continue to be noticeable. Halfway I get a slight burning sensation which fades away soon and the wood & herbs are flavorful again. Only the last part of the cigar is really enjoyable.

The draw is way too easy, but the close to perfect burn, the firm white ash and the amount of smoke are good.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, there are better cigars in the price range and the Nub habanos is better than the Cameroon.

Construction: 12 / 20
Draw: 12 / 20
Appearance: 7 / 20
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 20
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Cigarcop 09:07 AM 01-02-2009
Nice review Don and I agree that the flavors come and go and every one I've smoked the draw has been too open. The habanos are favored by me over the others but I won't be buying any more anytime soon!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:21 AM 01-02-2009
Thanks for the review and pics!:-) I also enjoy the nub habano more. I think that the oliva v and the nub habano have similar flavors. Both are great cigars:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:23 AM 01-02-2009
Burn is 8/10, not 8/20
[Reply]
icehog3 10:37 AM 01-02-2009
I have smoked and partially smoked a few Nubs, and found the construction to be excellent on all of them, Ferdinand.

Too bad I thought they tasted like ass. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:39 AM 01-02-2009
I only liked the habano, but even that one has competitors in the same pricerange that beat the nub. I will never stock up on them.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:41 AM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
And that is the nice way of describing them. :-)
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 11:21 AM 01-02-2009
The Nub cameroon rivals the RP Summer Collection for worst tasting cameroon ever...:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:24 AM 01-02-2009
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
The Nub cameroon rivals the RP Summer Collection for worst tasting cameroon ever...:-)
Gives new meaning to the phrase "Bitter Rivals". :-) :-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 01:25 PM 01-02-2009
thanks for sharing
[Reply]
Sancho 01:35 PM 01-02-2009
I have smoked and partially smoked a few Nubs, and found the construction to be excellent on all of them, Ferdinand.

Oh so true, additionally for such a huge ring gauge it has a terrible time staying light
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:45 PM 01-02-2009
Gives new meaning to the phrase "Bitter Rivals". :-) :-)
You know what, that actually really made me lol. Well played Tom :-)
[Reply]
Up