Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro
Skywalker 09:06 PM 01-01-2009
I had to share this review on New Years!!!

Steve (Ratters) gave me this cigar at his Herf last week! Wow! What a great gift!

Cigar Shape: Box Pressed (Exclusivo?)
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Nicaragua

Who doesn't appreciate the look of these cigars? They are toothy but perfectly constructed!

I paired it with Korbel California Champagne! (Cheap) This is the first time I paired a cigar with champagne!

The PAM 1964 has a draw like butter! After toasting the foot the first couple of draws gave a wonderful bouquet of coffee, cocoa, and nuts!

I have had a few of these and each time I am amazed how consistent they are in construction and flavor.

The champagne actually intensified the the flavor profile of this cigar. I was picking up some orange peel. That is a first for me with these cigars.

The ash held to this point and fell right after this picture was taken. Only a small amount of correcting was necessary to keep this burning evenly.

This was a great cigar to end the year with! Throughout the experience I thought about the previous year! I thought about the highs and lows but mostly about what I have learned from my BOTL/SOTL here this past year. I thought about how life should be experienced like a cigar; savored and appreciated!

Total smoke time took one hour and 15 minutes.

Construction/Appearance: 9.5 out of 10
Flavor Balance: 9.5 out of 10
Strength: Medium
Over all experience: 10 out of 10
Value: Gift

Thank you Steve for this great cigar! Happy New Year!!!

[Reply]
Bruzee 11:20 PM 01-01-2009
Great review bro! I gotta try one of these. All I ever here is good things! :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 01:38 AM 01-02-2009
Glad you enjoyed it Darrell. :-)

The one thing I find with the PAMs is that they all seem to smoke fast to me. Great smokes though.
[Reply]
webjunkie 05:37 AM 01-02-2009
Nice review. I must say that I love these cigars, too bad it's been a while since I've had one.
[Reply]
Volt 06:03 AM 01-02-2009
I agree, this is one cigar that seems very constant with wrap, draw, and taste. They just went up 40% a stick at my B&M so they are sorta off the radar now, but still a very good smoke.
[Reply]
Up