Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Vegas de Santiago Puro Churchill
borndead1 01:29 PM 01-01-2009
VdS introduced themselves here a while back and offered CA members a free sampler. I bit on it and received 2 cigars from them last week.

I always like trying puros. Costa Rica is becoming more and more of a "player" in the world of cigars as far as wrapper and filler tobacco being used in many blends, but I wanted to try a Costa Rican puro. :-)

This Churchill is a very nice looking cigar. Shiny, nearly flawless wrapper that looks very similar to a Connecticut wrap. Cut is easy and clean and the draw is perfect. The pre-light draw is a strong barnyard flavor. Lit this pretty cigar up and started smoking.

First 1/3 is mild but tasty. Nothing extremely "unique" that sets it apart from other puros, but a fine tasting and smelling cigar. Flavor and aroma are similar to many mild Connecticut wrap cigars. Burn is perfect.

Second 1/3 this cigar starts to get very interesting. The "strength" has bumped up just a tiny bit, though the flavor is still mild. A nice roasted nut flavor is becoming dominant. The aroma coming from the foot is VERY nice.

Halfway point, flavor is changing again. The roasted nut flavor is still dominant, but a nice "burnt butter" flavor has also crept in. I notice it mainly on the finish.

Last 1/3 flavor about the same. The cigar remained mild through the whole smoke, but it still has flavor and a very nice aroma. The VdS line of cigars are priced nice too, I didn't see any cigar on their whole site that was more than $4 a stick.

I could easily see myself smoking these VdS Puros as a mild morning smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Up