Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Kristoff maduro.
pearson 04:07 PM 12-24-2008
So I noticed something new in the B&M today, weather it is new or i have just never been in that corner I dont know. But it is a Kristoff Maduro. It has a very plain looking double label, but is a good looking stick. it has a curly head and a un trimed foot. It is a little nippy outside so I am smoking inside in front of the computer watching two brothers.

the first third has some coffee and coco notes to it, also it is holding ash very well. It has a nice smothe draw and straight burn with medium abouts of smoke. I am having a bit of egg nog to go along with it.

the second third is much like the first it is fairly creamy with out much spice.

the final third is going well it has turned in to a leathery earthy taste. the burn is not has not been straight for a while but it is burning evenly. Towards the end it became a little more bitter and I let it go out at 3/4in.

I would rate the flavor at 8.5
and construction at 9.6

Pic soon to follow.

Pearson
[Reply]
Ratters 09:24 AM 12-25-2008
Well, where's the pics? :-)

Do you know where the cigars are from?
[Reply]
pearson 11:33 AM 12-25-2008
Origin: Dominican
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: Dominican and Cuban seed
Filler: Dominican, Cuban seed and Nicaraguan

[Reply]
tchariya 02:18 PM 12-25-2008
Originally Posted by pearson:
So I noticed something new in the B&M today, weather it is new or i have just never been in that corner I dont know. But it is a Kristoff Maduro. It has a very plain looking double label, but is a good looking stick. it has a curly head and a un trimed foot. It is a little nippy outside so I am smoking inside in front of the computer watching two brothers.

the first third has some coffee and coco notes to it, also it is holding ash very well. It has a nice smothe draw and straight burn with medium abouts of smoke. I am having a bit of egg nog to go along with it.

the second third is much like the first it is fairly creamy with out much spice.

the final third is going well it has turned in to a leathery earthy taste. the burn is not has not been straight for a while but it is burning evenly. Towards the end it became a little more bitter and I let it go out at 3/4in.

I would rate the flavor at 8.5
and construction at 9.6

Pic soon to follow.

Pearson
Very nice review. I have met the gentleman who is behind the entire Kristoff line. He has been trying to get his boutique line out through word of mouth and placing his sticks in B&M. He refuses to go to the internet sales route or the magazines at this point in time.

My local B&M has events with Kristoff almost every quarter. His sticks are very very nice. I also love his crate style packaging.
[Reply]
troutbreath 10:12 AM 12-30-2008
What was the price point on this stick? It looks great.
[Reply]
AD720 02:22 PM 12-30-2008
I have two of these in the humi. Thanks for the review, I am going to get to one soon.
[Reply]
pearson 08:13 PM 12-30-2008
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
What was the price point on this stick? It looks great.
7.25 from my B&M
[Reply]
Fumador 08:24 PM 12-31-2008
These are good. I had one last Saturday. It was very smoky. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had not already had 2 cigars that day which I have never done.
[Reply]
Cigary 09:56 PM 12-31-2008
Nice looking cigar and good review,,,got my interest up and now will be on the hunt to try. Thanks!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:07 PM 12-31-2008
Thanks for the review and photo's pearson. If you have problems finding this one in your local B&M, you can find the Criollo and Maduro versions at:

www.fullerspullers.com/

[Reply]
pearson 12:49 PM 01-01-2009
I will pick some more up and do another review.
[Reply]
Up