Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>EXILE PERFECTION #2 Get some of these
TOB9595 11:23 PM 12-16-2008
This is an interesting stick. It's wrapped in faux olde newspaper.
7x49 is a BIG stick in my world
Ecuadorian wrapper with Nic binder/filler.
Ya know...the wrapper is not cheesy but, rather, added to the delight of this stick.
This EXILE PERFECTION #2 looks like a rugged MANLY cigar. The taste is very pleasant. Tobacco predominates while there are smooth tastes happening as I smoke this down. There are no great presentations of flavors to describe.
YET!!! This smoked well and true as I expect a top shelf cigar to be. I exhale through my nose to really get a good appreciation of the tastes and the strength of a stick.
This is a medium smoke that I will be on the look out for some more.
This is a staple of my humi
Tom
[Reply]
punch54 07:56 PM 12-17-2008
nice review,had a few of these really loved them great smokes.
[Reply]
TOB9595 08:39 AM 12-18-2008
I never heard of these chatted about much.

Anyone else have an experience with EXILE?
Tom
[Reply]
Al@CubanImports 01:03 PM 12-18-2008
Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We have limited distribution on the EXILE brand, which also includes the new EXILE WIRED extension which will be arriving on tobacconists' shelves during the first week of January...

My brother Michael and I own Cuban Imports where we pride ourselves on our limited, small batch cigar production and exceptional tobaccos. We also make H. UPMANN SIGNATURE and EL REY DEL MUNDO 'OLVIDADOS' ('The Forgotten) and a new 'bundle' brand named XEREZ (our salute to Rodrigo de Xerez, who sailed with Christopher Columbus and is acknowledged as the first man to bring tobacco to the civilized world).

Again, I am touched by your kind words regarding EXILE, a brand that is near and dear to my heart. Thank you again, gentlemen, and may you have a wonderful holiday and a prosperous and healthy New Year!

Best,
Al Argenti
[Reply]
MithShrike 01:59 PM 12-18-2008
Al, I told you they were saying good things.
[Reply]
TOB9595 05:01 PM 12-18-2008
WOW!
Al nice to hear you.

The perfection 2 is
PERFECTION..
Tell us more about your sticks???

How did I stumble across EXILE????
Hmmmm
A review somewhere....I bet...
:-)
Merry Christmas
Tom
[Reply]
Al@CubanImports 05:11 PM 01-10-2009
Tom,

Thanks and of course I'll tell you a bit more about the brand...

The EXILE brand was our first and most dear to my heart. The Nicaraguan blend is a collaborative effort between myself, my brother Michael and Sr. Omar Ortez and is produced in small, tightly controlled batches. It's available Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper with complex flavors of spice and pepper on the palate...or a U.S. Connecticut broadleaf maduro with a long, creamy, coffee-bean taste signature. We're now planning to repackage the brand to reveal more of the cigar (currently it's wrapped entirely in a reproduction of the front page of the New York Daily Mirror the day the embargo was first announced).

And to also let you know, 'EXILE WIRED' will be hitting tobacconists' shelves during the next week. The release of this new EXILE brand extension is long overdue, but we wanted to get it PERFECT - and it is! It's priced in the $4-$5 price category and also features a new strain of Havana seed Criollo wrapper not smoked in the U.S. before. Coupled with a U.S. broadleaf binder and a fastidious blend of Nicaraguan, Honduran and Dominican longfiller tobaccos, it's a medium-full, sweet-spicy smoking experience that is going to cause a stir for 2009.

Hope that helps, Tom. Thanks for asking!

Best,
Al
[Reply]
Up