Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The Poor Mans Behike?
GAW 03:40 PM 06-20-2012
Pete Johnson, the owner of Havana Cellars and the Tatuaje cigar brand, is starting a new company, and Cigar Insider has all the details on its flagship brand.

Called L’Atelier Imports, the new company will be headquartered in Miami, rather than Los Angeles, where Havana Cellars is based. The company plans to debut a flagship brand, also called L'Atelier, that will be rolled at My Father Cigars from all-Nicaraguan filler and binder and wrapped in Ecuadoran leaf.

The brand will be medium to full bodied, according to Johnson, and the sizes are a take on the Cohiba Behike BHK trio launched by Cuba in 2010. There will be a LAT52 (4 3/4 inches by 52 ring), LAT54 (5 5/8 by 54), and a LAT56 (6 1/2 by 56), virtually identical to the trio of sizes in the Behike line, right down to the pigtail caps. L’Atelier will sell for $8.50 to $10 and will come in boxes of 15, and boxed samplers of nine cigars with three of each size. The line will debut in August at the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers trade show in Orlando, Florida.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfe.../show/id/16562
[Reply]
Bill86 03:46 PM 06-20-2012
Those sure don't look like Behikes :-)

Ugly looking cigars. Just the coloration....
[Reply]
longknocker 03:47 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by GAW:
Pete Johnson, the owner of Havana Cellars and the Tatuaje cigar brand, is starting a new company, and Cigar Insider has all the details on its flagship brand.

Called L’Atelier Imports, the new company will be headquartered in Miami, rather than Los Angeles, where Havana Cellars is based. The company plans to debut a flagship brand, also called L'Atelier, that will be rolled at My Father Cigars from all-Nicaraguan filler and binder and wrapped in Ecuadoran leaf.

The brand will be medium to full bodied, according to Johnson, and the sizes are a take on the Cohiba Behike BHK trio launched by Cuba in 2010. There will be a LAT52 (4 3/4 inches by 52 ring), LAT54 (5 5/8 by 54), and a LAT56 (6 1/2 by 56), virtually identical to the trio of sizes in the Behike line, right down to the pigtail caps. L’Atelier will sell for $8.50 to $10 and will come in boxes of 15, and boxed samplers of nine cigars with three of each size. The line will debut in August at the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers trade show in Orlando, Florida.

:-):-):-) Thanks For The Info! I'm In!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:53 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Tat ho!

Depending on pricing I might pick up a few :-)
[Reply]
EricF 03:57 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Me too!!

Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Tat ho!
Yes we are!!! :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 04:03 PM 06-20-2012
I would buy 3 or 4 of the smallest one.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 04:19 PM 06-20-2012
I don't smoke anything I can't pronounce.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:20 PM 06-20-2012
I will give them a try.
[Reply]
smitty81 04:51 PM 06-20-2012
sounds good!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:57 PM 06-20-2012
What a joke. When will he stop ripping the Cubans off?
[Reply]
Brandon 05:16 PM 06-20-2012
Count me in for 20 boxes of each. I love any cigar whose packaging is a direct rip off of Cuban cigars!!!
[Reply]
Bill86 05:23 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
What a joke. When will he stop ripping the Cubans off?
Read his comments on the subject, instant hilarity. I got a good laugh.

Especially when he claimed the BHK 54 size idea was a rip off of his Cabaiguan Guapos size. Yeah I bet that was their idea when making the BHK 54 :-)

That certainly justifies how much you've stolen as well.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:25 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Brandon:
Count me in for 20 boxes of each. I love any cigar whose packaging is a direct rip off of Cuban cigars!!!
You'll enjoy most of Pete's cigars then:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:28 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Read his comments on the subject, instant hilarity. I got a good laugh.

Especially when he claimed the BHK 54 size idea was a rip off of his Cabaiguan Guapos size. Yeah I bet that was their idea when making the BHK 54 :-)

That certainly justifies how much you've stolen as well.
Yeah I read it, pretty sad. Pete can do what he wishes I guess, people eat it up....
[Reply]
Bill86 05:37 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Yeah I read it, pretty sad. Pete can do what he wishes I guess, people eat it up....
I mean taste is taste, I understand people are going to smoke what they like. But Pete should have A LOT more class and decency. Do your own thing, don't just steal your way to the top. He's like the Dane Cook of the cigar world :-) (there is kind of a resemblance isn't there?)

What really got my attention was when I saw that "Tatuaje 2012 LE Book" a few months back. CLEARLY ripped off, and not from the "Cubans of old". Then I saw this and I was pretty much speechless. He refers to current Cubans being sub-par yet he has no problem copying all the new packaging. I don't think anyone would be too upset if he stole the OLD OLD school packaging as a homage once or twice. Like a retro glass jar or those old tree branch style packaging. Hell that's already been done a few times, or something similar.

But don't slam the newer CC's and then copy all of their packaging. Why would you even do that if you claim they are so inferior to Nicaraguan tobacco?
[Reply]
lilcgrsmkr 05:47 PM 06-20-2012

thanks for the info gaw! :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:47 PM 06-20-2012
If they smoke good and taste good I'll buy them. I don't see the need to attach feelings over people I don't know or objects.
[Reply]
Rock Star 05:50 PM 06-20-2012
interesting bro, i dont even think the real thing is all that though. hope those are better. i mean, dont get me wrong, im sure the behikes will be good sooner or later
[Reply]
T.G 05:57 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I mean taste is taste, I understand people are going to smoke what they like. But Pete should have A LOT more class and decency. Do your own thing, don't just steal your way to the top. He's like the Dane Cook of the cigar world :-) (there is kind of a resemblance isn't there?)

What really got my attention was when I saw that "Tatuaje 2012 LE Book" a few months back. CLEARLY ripped off, and not from the "Cubans of old". Then I saw this and I was pretty much speechless. He refers to current Cubans being sub-par yet he has no problem copying all the new packaging. I don't think anyone would be too upset if he stole the OLD OLD school packaging as a homage once or twice. Like a retro glass jar or those old tree branch style packaging. Hell that's already been done a few times, or something similar.

But don't slam the newer CC's and then copy all of their packaging. Why would you even do that if you claim they are so inferior to Nicaraguan tobacco?

He does it just to piss you off, Bill.

It's a big conspiracy.

I'm serious, we cooked it up a few years ago down in Nicaragua over a couple bottles of La Flor de Cana 18.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:02 PM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
He does it just to piss you off, Bill.

It's a big conspiracy.

I'm serious, we cooked it up a few years ago down in Nicaragua over a couple bottles of La Flor de Cana 18.
:-)

This made me laugh hysterically. Probably the funniest thing I've read in a bit. Well done.

But no way someone buys more of that stuff after you've had one bottle :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Up