Page 87 of 270
« First < 3777858687 888997137187 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Fordman4ever 09:49 AM 04-01-2011
Smoked Lamb Chop

Its amazing.
[Reply]
tupacboy 10:54 AM 04-01-2011
so i'm gonna try hot wings... think 2 hrs at 325 is enough time?

should i put the wings on top or under the ribs?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:31 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by tupacboy:
gonna turn on the bradley this weekend for some ribs... last time i did ABT with them... want to try something new this time as a appetizer... any rec?
Chicken wings.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 01:38 PM 04-01-2011
Cabbage is done. Its amazing

[Reply]
ucla695 06:08 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Smoked Lamb Chop

Its amazing.
Licking my chops here! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:12 PM 04-01-2011
Never would've thought about lamb chops. Now just need to pick some up and try myself.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:45 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by aero95:
Great stuff guys. Has anybody ever bought any spices from this place http://texasbbqrub.com/texasbbqrub.htm

Thanks for the website Aaron. I personally have not, but maybe others have...
[Reply]
T.G 10:39 PM 04-01-2011
After all the pellet smoker talk this morning, I decided to throw together a quick fatty this afternoon and toss it in the smoker.

Grabbed some ground turkey, seasoned it up to taste like the typical Americanized stadium bratwurst, stuffed it with sauerkraut, cheese, some chopped onions, pickled jalapeņo & fresno peppers, relish and mustard; rolled it up, froze it for 30 minutes and tossed it into the smoker with oak, cherry and a touch of apple.

Came out quite good save a bit too much smoke for the brat, it kind of overpowered the bratwurst flavor a bit, but not too much smoke to eat. I need to up the spices next time or use less smoke.

[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:50 PM 04-01-2011
Adam, that looks fantastic!
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:28 PM 04-01-2011
Looks good, Adam!!!:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:11 PM 04-03-2011
My first attempt at freshly cured and hickory smoked bacon today.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:27 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
After all the pellet smoker talk this morning, I decided to throw together a quick fatty this afternoon and toss it in the smoker.

Grabbed some ground turkey, seasoned it up to taste like the typical Americanized stadium bratwurst, stuffed it with sauerkraut, cheese, some chopped onions, pickled jalapeņo & fresno peppers, relish and mustard; rolled it up, froze it for 30 minutes and tossed it into the smoker with oak, cherry and a touch of apple.
Mouth watering Adam! :-)...So where's the Cilantro?:-)
[Reply]
T.G 05:11 PM 04-03-2011
Thanks guys.

The 'kraut fatty still needs some tweaking, but it'll get there.

Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
My first attempt at freshly cured and hickory smoked bacon today.
Pete, very nice coloration on the bacon. Is that an Alton Brown terracotta pot style smoker?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:49 PM 04-03-2011
Thanks guys.

The 'kraut fatty still needs some tweaking, but it'll get there.

Pete, very nice coloration on the bacon. Is that an Alton Brown terracotta pot style smoker?
yeah... Didn't have the appropriate terra cotta-ish top for it, so I just plunked my kettle grill cover over it. I had the large bottom already, and a electric element burner, so I thought I would MacGyver it up a bit.
It turned out well, sliced a smidge off the end for sampling off the smoker, a bit salty and extra smoky, but that's normal for an end I suppose/hope. The slab is in the chill chest now for slicing later, so I hope to see happiness. I don't imagine it will kill me in any case, so what the hell.
[Reply]
T.G 06:02 PM 04-03-2011
yeah... Didn't have the appropriate terra cotta-ish top for it, so I just plunked my kettle grill cover over it. I had the large bottom already, and a electric element burner, so I thought I would MacGyver it up a bit.
It turned out well, sliced a smidge off the end for sampling off the smoker, a bit salty and extra smoky, but that's normal for an end I suppose/hope. The slab is in the chill chest now for slicing later, so I hope to see happiness. I don't imagine it will kill me in any case, so what the hell.
Cool. Have you done other cooks in the terracotta smoker or is this the first? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on their performance after you've done a few cooks.

I've never made bacon, but I have done other low temp smokes and yes, it's always really smokey around the ends because of the greater exposed surface area.
[Reply]
txsmoke 06:29 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by aero95:
Great stuff guys. Has anybody ever bought any spices from this place http://texasbbqrub.com/texasbbqrub.htm
I have been a customer for years and also receive the free monthly newsletter. I just stocked up on more...they are running a special that expires tonight or tomorrow. Thought I would share it with you. My favorite is the grand champion. :-)

http://www.texasbbqrubspecials.com/?page_id=2
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:36 PM 04-03-2011
Cool. Have you done other cooks in the terracotta smoker or is this the first? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on their performance after you've done a few cooks.

I've never made bacon, but I have done other low temp smokes and yes, it's always really smokey around the ends because of the greater exposed surface area.
Just the one, sir. Complete rookie (both me and the smoker). I have put in countless hours in front of a grill, but I imagine any Smoker, BBQ'er, or Charcutier would say that doesn't count for spit.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:38 PM 04-03-2011
To get rid of some of the salt, you can par-boil the bacon in some boiling water. Just a min or so. That'll help draw out some of the salt plus help it crisp up really nicely.

Did you take the skin off before putting in the fridge? It comes off much easier when warm. You could always leave it on and cook up with the bacon. Built in crackin's. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:26 PM 04-03-2011
Yes, I had read that in Ruhlmans book, and if I have oversalted, that was my attack. Skin was removed, rather well, and with a nice cap left. Kudos to the butcher on that.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:01 AM 04-04-2011
Keep up the good work Pete. Just don't make the mistake of giving away some of your bacon to family/friends. You'll forever be hounded with the question, "When are we going to get some more of your bacon?".
[Reply]
Page 87 of 270
« First < 3777858687 888997137187 > Last »
Up