Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>What I have here is a situation...
larryinlc 09:04 PM 07-21-2011
It's been years since I had a cigar blow up on me like this. Messy as eating a Whopper:-) This will teach me to smoke a cigar right off the delivery truck. Before I lit it, it was a nice looking Berger & Argenti.
Attached: cigar.jpg (26.2 KB) 
[Reply]
nofeardiver 09:16 PM 07-21-2011
Nasty
[Reply]
Killian 09:18 PM 07-21-2011
AAAAAAHHH......get that Fat Squirrel out from underneath that thing. You dont want to wast two great things at once!
Damn I wish I lived closer to New Glarus. I love me some Squirrel and Cow!
:-)
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:24 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by Killian:
AAAAAAHHH......get that Fat Squirrel out from underneath that thing. You dont want to wast two great things at once!
I'm spoiled. New Glarus is my go to brewery. It's in every convenience store here. Even though it's out of season, I just had a six pack of Uff-Da bock. I love that beer.

Larry
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:40 PM 07-21-2011
I need to try more of what New glarus offers. I really like spotted Cow.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:49 PM 07-21-2011
Could be worse -- at least most of the wrapper seems to be holding :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 09:53 PM 07-21-2011
I have had a number of th B&As and have never seen that happen. And I also love some Fat Squirrel. I have a friend that brings me down a couple of cases when she comes to visit!!!
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:54 PM 07-21-2011
I've heard of Fat Tire, but Fat Squirrel???? I'd like to get my hands on some of that. Maybe a trade is in order. PM me if you're interested.
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:56 PM 07-21-2011
I finished it....well, as much as I could. It was very good actually despite what it looked like. I swear that even though it started out at a 60 ring gauge, it looks to be more like 80 now. Fat, messy, but good. I have a box, and if they're all like this, I'll need some sort of dribble ashtray to hang around my neck. Do they make anything like that?

Larry
[Reply]
Ogre 09:57 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
I finished it....well, as much as I could. It was very good actually despite what it looked like. I swear that even though it started out at a 60 ring gauge, it looks to be more like 80 now. Fat, messy, but good. I have a box, and if they're all like this, I'll need some sort of dribble ashtray to hang around my neck. Do they make anything like that?

Larry
Just smoke them outside.:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:09 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by Killian:
What he said.

Originally Posted by larryinlc:
I'm spoiled. New Glarus is my go to brewery. It's in every convenience store here. Even though it's out of season, I just had a six pack of Uff-Da bock. I love that beer.

Larry
The Uff-Da is great.

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I need to try more of what New glarus offers. I really like spotted Cow.
I guess we'll have to get some different ones to bring up north in August - expand your horizons a bit. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:49 AM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I guess we'll have to get some different ones to bring up north in August - expand your horizons a bit. :-)
LOL! You're such an enabler!
[Reply]
Dunkel 10:08 AM 07-22-2011
Nice! I know this isn't a competition, but check this one out...

[Reply]
Sherlockholms 12:10 PM 07-22-2011
At least you got most of the way through before it exploded!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:13 PM 07-22-2011
What causes this? Are they too dry? Shipping damage?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:29 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
What causes this? Are they too dry? Shipping damage?
Gremlins.
[Reply]
cort 12:29 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Gremlins.
:-):-)
[Reply]
larryinlc 08:13 PM 07-22-2011
What a difference a day makes. I'm nearly done with the second cigar from the same box and it has been superb. No burn issues at all. And, the Fat Squirrel has been excellent too.

Larry
[Reply]
cmitch 08:17 PM 07-22-2011
I had 2 Oliva V torpedos in a row from 2 different stores blow up on me.
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:24 PM 07-25-2011
I spoke too soon. These things are blowing up like an agitated Lou Ferrigno. Did someone give them a sponge bath before they were sent to me? I have no choice now but to let them sit and hope for the best.

Larry
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up