Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Montecristo Media Noche #2
Savor the Stick 07:04 PM 05-19-2009
Smoked this back in November of 2008.

Sorry no pictures for this one. I had left my camera over at a friend’s house. Next time I will be sure to take some pics.

I had this right after a lunch of Fried chicken, Jalapeño poppers, and I had a grapefruit soda with it.
This appears to be a 6X50 Belicoso cigar.
I started this at 1115a and finished it at 1215p. This is a dark and lovely cigar with a rough appearance. No imperfections in wrapper, looking at the foot I see one stem, but very tightly bunched. This was very hefty to the feel and no soft spots or voids felt nice firm cigar.

This had a very nice barn yardy smell/ aged tobacco smell. Yummy really can’t wait.
It cut easily and had a pre-light draw that was somewhat tight—I needn’t have worried it loosened up as I smoked it. The Maduro wrapper had a slight sweet taste that faded very quickly.

I proceeded to toast the foot and when I had it lit was rewarded with clouds of great tasting smoke. :-)

1st third---This is a mild to med smoke for me. No discernible spice but a pleasant smoke. Very easy on the nose to snorke and some hints of cocoa coming through.

The first ash fell at 1 ½ , and a very even burn for me sitting at the lake on a blustery day.

2nd third---Cigar is burning very cool with consistent flavors of cocoa/earthy, aged tobacco.

Very enjoyable. Ash is a consistent light grey to white. The 2nd ash fell at a good 1½.

I noticed a soft spot running from the ash line down one side of this to the head, this did not affect the burn at all. Still razor sharp.
I am having a hard time not puffing on this continually this is so good.

The smell from the head is exactly what flavors I am getting from the taste---very nice rich earthy, slight smell of cocoa. :-)

3rd third---I am picking up some cedary taste now as well as the cocoa from throughout the cigar..

This was a nubber and I finally let it die a peaceful death at about ¼ inch remaining.
I smoked this as a BTT and was really surprised with what I got out of this cigar. I don't like these in the Robusto size but in the Belicoso size it did it for me.

Thanks for reading.:-)

[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:12 PM 05-19-2009
I also like these sticks! Although, I've always smoked the #3 version.

I tell you what, people in chat think I'm goofy, but grapefruit soda(Squirt) is da bomb with damned near any smoke.

Nice review. Pretty much what I get from these too.
[Reply]
Up