Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Reserva J21 review.
Humidor Minister 05:34 PM 05-14-2009
Last night was a great night. LOML is working, dinner was done and waiting and nothing better to do than go to the shop and light up a Tatuaje Reserva 48x5ish. The feel of this cigar was so firm that I was worried it wouldn't draw. It had a very mild scent to it and very uniform wrapper. Nice triple cap as well. I've always found triple caps tend to be a well made cigar. This cigar fell right into that category. Once I cut the cap and took a draw I found it to be a firm draw but pleasant. Upon lighting it I got a very full, rich smoke right from the beginning. It had a french roast espresso flavor with a nice spice to go along with it. After the first inch the smoke got even fuller and the flavor developed a very nice earthy body to it along with smoke you could chew. When I come a cross a cigar this good Have a tendency to take a puff more often than I should. In this case, it just got better. I had to slow down a bit and let it col off a bit but it never got bitter or harsh what so ever. As far as the ash goes, it was the grey you see in the clouds right before it rains. It was a very solid ash as well. When it comes to its burn, it was perfect. No running what so ever. In the end I found this cigar to be incredibly enjoyable an long lasting (over an hour for a 5ish inch cigar) As far as the score I'd give it, I'd say a 93. If I would have dry boxed it for a day or so it might have drawn a little better. Then I would have scored it even higher. If you like full flavored cigars, I'd highly recommend you get your hands on one.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:24 PM 05-15-2009
Nice review, but even better cigar! By far my favorite Tat. I thought the cigar was going to blow me away as far as spice, but the spice was just right. Have no complaints about this cigar.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 01:43 PM 05-15-2009
I don't like Full cigars too often, but the Reserva line, and this one in particular, seem to be so well balanced. Good review.
[Reply]
groogs 01:51 PM 05-15-2009
Nice review, the J21 is one of my favorite Tats.
[Reply]
Up