Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aurora 1495 Robusto
tuxpuff 07:30 PM 05-12-2009
Size - 5 x 50
Shape - Robusto
Wrapper - Ecuador
Filler - D.R., Nic., Peru
Binder - D.R.

Good looking stick with a few veins. Firm feel with a deep tobacco aroma.

First third - Quite a dry smoke. Flavors primarily of light cocoa, cedar, and tobacco. Overall the smoke is very light. The draw is super easy with tons of smoke available. The stick is burning very well. The cocoa flavor subsides near the end of this third and it finishes up with primarily tobacco flavor.

Second third - Remaining consistent in flavor. I'm now noticing a mild sweetness on the lips and a small amount of peppery spice. It is slowly building up in flavor finishing with a fairly strong mocha taste and an increasingly long aftertaste.

Last third - Mocha flavors really building now as well as peppery spice. The aftertaste continues to build in intensity. Certainly a solid medium strength smoke now. It finished quite spicy with flavors of mocha and tobacco.

A pretty good smoke overall. Excellent draw and burn. It was consistently building in intensity but unfortunately not exactly my cup of tea flavor wise.

[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:36 PM 05-12-2009
Nice review and accurate too:-)

I smoked one and ehhhh, I have one extra that I'm going to give away at the next herf this stick just didn't peek my interest.
[Reply]
scooter 07:41 PM 05-12-2009
Very nice review and pictures. I found it to be an ok stick, but not one that I found good enough to keep on hand.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 07:42 PM 05-12-2009
My feelings also. This is the last of a 5'er I had and they were all the same...not very remarkable.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 08:36 PM 05-12-2009
Nice review, I have a box of these, I love most of what La Aurora puts out...
[Reply]
bigloo 01:15 AM 05-22-2009
this is one of my favs. I have their 5-stick combo where each has a different wrapper but same filler. A little bit gimmicky but I am waiting on a perfected sunny 5-cigar day to indulge in that!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:19 AM 05-22-2009
Great review...thanks!
[Reply]
Up