Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Winston Churchill Chequers
Garbandz 11:39 AM 05-12-2009
By Davidoff...This corona extra vitola has a light khaki wrapper, a solid feel,aromas of aged tobaccos and a slight mustiness, a touch of dryness and dust on the medium draw.
The flavors in the first half build slowly,oak and dry cedar,lightly musty on the palate,a slight sweetness,spicy aromas,very tasty.
The second half shows vanilla and oaky notes,increasing intensity,caramel and herbal notes,aromas get big and very fragrant,a big finish,firm and lingering.
The burn is very even to the nub,good construction,the cigar stays pleasant and enjoyable.The profile is medium to full bodied,with broad flavors of well aged tobaccos.Definately worth trying.....7 of 10 strength.17.5 of 20 overall...
[Reply]
longknocker 11:43 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
By Davidoff...This corona extra vitola has a light khaki wrapper, a solid feel,aromas of aged tobaccos and a slight mustiness, a touch of dryness and dust on the medium draw.
The flavors in the first half build slowly,oak and dry cedar,lightly musty on the palate,a slight sweetness,spicy aromas,very tasty.
The second half shows vanilla and oaky notes,increasing intensity,caramel and herbal notes,aromas get big and very fragrant,a big finish,firm and lingering.
The burn is very even to the nub,good construction,the cigar stays pleasant and enjoyable.The profile is medium to full bodied,with broad flavors of well aged tobaccos.Definately worth trying.....7 of 10 strength.17.5 of 20 overall...
Thanks, Tom, Nice Review! Love the Davidoff line. Need to try this one!:-)
[Reply]
BillyCigars 11:43 AM 05-12-2009
Super review - I absolutely love these cigars!
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 11:52 AM 05-12-2009
This is the last NC cigar I've had that I wad very impressed by! Definately worth having a handful in the humi....
[Reply]
tuxpuff 12:38 PM 05-12-2009
Great review thanks. I'll have to save up and try to find a few.
[Reply]
marge796 12:43 PM 05-12-2009
I've had a box of #10s in my humidor for about a month now. I think I'll let them sit for awhile longer before lighting one up. Great review thanks.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Garbandz 01:37 PM 05-12-2009
I think this would be an excellent choice to try every 6 to 8 months,just to gauge the potential for ageing.Those characteristics they have when young may be around after a few months,or may gradually fade to reveal other more subtle nuances.I am torn between the flavor profile it has now,and what it could become. I guess I will need to get a bunch of these so I can enjoy them young while letting a few reach maturity...:-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:40 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Great review thanks. I'll have to save up and try to find a few.
You got that right. $12 - $15 a stick at my B&M..... Which at least for my wallet is stout.
[Reply]
scooter 01:44 PM 05-12-2009
Thanks for the great review. Sounds like one that needs to added to my list of must buy cigars.
[Reply]
Up