Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Entertainment>Phish
celtic250 06:54 PM 12-08-2011
Anyone else here a fan? Its safe to say I am obsessed!
[Reply]
pektel 02:28 PM 12-15-2011
Yes. Been listening to them since around 94-95. Search youtube for jones beach phish for some great performances.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:30 PM 12-15-2011
I like some stuff, Lifeboy is a good song.
And the Wolfmans brother reminds me of the Tat Wolfman!
[Reply]
cobra03 02:34 PM 12-15-2011
I dont own anything from them but i have seen them in concert twice and they put on a fantastic show. Really enjoyed myself.
[Reply]
Taki 02:43 PM 12-15-2011
Some stuff I used to listen too but not really anymore
[Reply]
pektel 03:02 PM 12-15-2011
One of my buddies posted this on his facebook page. Totally describes him:

[Reply]
celtic250 12:39 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
One of my buddies posted this on his facebook page. Totally describes him:

Haha that pretty much explains me in a picture. I am heading out to NYC for there MSG NYE run here in a few weeks. Anyone else heading out for that?
[Reply]
celtic250 12:42 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I like some stuff, Lifeboy is a good song.
And the Wolfmans brother reminds me of the Tat Wolfman!
Got to love the Wolfmans. Always bringing the funk
[Reply]
floydpink 10:36 AM 12-16-2011
Saw Phish in the late 80's when they played once a month at a place in SOHO in NYC called Wetlands and were not that well known.

I saw them as a possible suquel to the Grateful Dead as they were getting older.

10 years later I saw them in a big outdoor venue and realized I was wrong.

Not impressed.
[Reply]
celtic250 11:29 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Saw Phish in the late 80's when they played once a month at a place in SOHO in NYC called Wetlands and were not that well known.

I saw them as a possible suquel to the Grateful Dead as they were getting older.

10 years later I saw them in a big outdoor venue and realized I was wrong.

Not impressed.
Hard to compare the GD to Phish. Apples to oranges in my opinion. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 11:32 AM 12-16-2011
Right. Though they do share the genre, that's about it.

Trey Anastasio is an incredible guitarist.

I will say that I enjoy Big Wu shows more than Phish. They are local to my home state (MN), and we get along together well. They started out of St. Olaf College as a Grateful Dead cover band, but now have a large repertoire of original music.

http://soundcloud.com/the-big-wu/tracks?page=2

Check out MN Moon. And Kensington Manor.
[Reply]
celtic250 12:54 PM 12-16-2011
Right. Though they do share the genre, that's about it.

Trey Anastasio is an incredible guitarist.

I will say that I enjoy Big Wu shows more than Phish. They are local to my home state (MN), and we get along together well. They started out of St. Olaf College as a Grateful Dead cover band, but now have a large repertoire of original music.

http://soundcloud.com/the-big-wu/tracks?page=2

Check out MN Moon. And Kensington Manor.
I grew up in IA so I have seen Big Wu a few times back in my high school days. Always was a good time.
[Reply]
pektel 12:57 PM 12-16-2011
Awesome! Andy Miller and I converse on occasion. They took a hiatus for a few years, but are back on top, with a new lead guitarist. I still see them every chance I get. Going to Lutsen Mountains up the north shore for their 20th anniversary show.
[Reply]
celtic250 01:19 PM 12-16-2011
Awesome! Andy Miller and I converse on occasion. They took a hiatus for a few years, but are back on top, with a new lead guitarist. I still see them every chance I get. Going to Lutsen Mountains up the north shore for their 20th anniversary show.
That should be a awesome.
[Reply]
Ismith75 11:52 PM 12-18-2011
Love Phish and the Wu. Any String Cheese fans? Yonder? Moe.? ...possible STS9?
[Reply]
celtic250 12:00 AM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by Ismith75:
I am into all that you mentioned above. Not so much Moe anymore these days. But have seen all those bands many a times in my life.
[Reply]
Ismith75 05:27 AM 12-19-2011
Awesome bro, you can't go wrong with any of them. I think the thing I miss the most about Colorado is the music scene. You tell someone here in Chicago that you're a bluegrass or string cheese fan and they look at you like you're crazy.
[Reply]
skullnrose 05:57 AM 12-19-2011
I'm into all the Jam Band's except the Disco Biscuits they are just not my thing. I started seeing The Dead in 85 and never looked back. I saw many shows at Wetlands in NYC over the years but none better than Zero, KVHW Pretty much any band including Steve Kimock.
[Reply]
celtic250 10:50 AM 12-19-2011
Awesome bro, you can't go wrong with any of them. I think the thing I miss the most about Colorado is the music scene. You tell someone here in Chicago that you're a bluegrass or string cheese fan and they look at you like you're crazy.
Yea the CO music scene for this genre is really hard to beat. Although Chicago does get a pretty good dose of these bands the vast majority of people have never heard of any of those bands. Are you hitting up any shows for New Years?
[Reply]
celtic250 10:51 AM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
I'm into all the Jam Band's except the Disco Biscuits they are just not my thing. I started seeing The Dead in 85 and never looked back. I saw many shows at Wetlands in NYC over the years but none better than Zero, KVHW Pretty much any band including Steve Kimock.
I feel you on the Disco Biscuits. My buddy is huge into them. I gave them a try and checked them out 3-4 times but needless to say they are not for me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up