Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Entertainment>Netflix Change...
mkarnold1 08:40 AM 01-19-2012
I still have streaming. Watching Ancient Aliens right now...
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:40 AM 01-19-2012
I ended up dropping after being a Netflix user since late '04. It was a sad day.....

For me, streaming was really nice but the reason I loved Netflix in the first place was the amount of foreign and hard to find titles that they had on hand. I'm a big fan of very esoteric Japanese films and surprisingly they had them all. The charges for both physical and streaming plans was ridiculous IMO.
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:48 AM 01-19-2012
I kept the streaming canceled the mail portion
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:53 AM 01-19-2012
I have both instant and DVD, 3 DVDs; I had instant and one DVD before. I had to upgrade to 3 DVDs in order to have more than one simultaneous instant stream so my son, who is in college could also use the streaming.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:55 AM 01-19-2012
I still have streaming but don't watch it much anymore. I dropped the DVD service, but like Tyr said, I liked it b/c there was a lot of hard to find stuff that Netflix has available.
[Reply]
dave 08:55 AM 01-19-2012
When they backed off on separating the sites I decided to stick around a while. Still reevaluate periodically. Now doing some hard thinking about switching to Amazon Prime - I'm assuming that zon will get their streaming library competitive - like the ebook rental and cheap shipping.....still undecided
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:57 AM 01-19-2012
I have an Amazon Prime account Dave (it came with my .edu email address). Its pretty decent but IMO nowhere near as robust as Netflix was. Obviously Netflix has the jump on them by several years but we shall see where it goes.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:58 AM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I have both instant and DVD, 3 DVDs; I had instant and one DVD before. I had to upgrade to 3 DVDs in order to have more than one simultaneous instant stream so my son, who is in college could also use the streaming.
I don't receive the DVD service anymore, and I can get two or more streams at the same time here. I'm only paying the basic rate. You might want to look into that, something doesn't sound right to make you pay for the three DVD plan.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 09:04 AM 01-19-2012
We just have the basic streaming package and can use both the xbox and wii to stream at the same time as well.
[Reply]
Hem 09:58 AM 01-19-2012
Dropped the 1 at a time plus free streaming after they got cute and tried to charge for both. Now we have 2 at a time and make them pay dearly for it. We make it so it's about the same price as Redbox, we watch a lot of movies lol (plus we get to watch old movies like Godfather, Casablanca, ect)
[Reply]
macsauce13 11:20 AM 01-19-2012
I use streaming for 7.99/month. Love it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:17 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I don't receive the DVD service anymore, and I can get two or more streams at the same time here. I'm only paying the basic rate. You might want to look into that, something doesn't sound right to make you pay for the three DVD plan.
I want to get at least one DVD so I can see some of the new stuff. On the DVD+Streaming plans you cannot have multiple simultaneous streams until you are on at least 3 DVDs. I found this out the hard way... The difference in price for me is the cost of umlimited streaming.

Overall this is cheaper for me because my son is sharing the service with me and either way I would end up paying for his service while he is in college... :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:53 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I want to get at least one DVD so I can see some of the new stuff. On the DVD+Streaming plans you cannot have multiple simultaneous streams until you are on at least 3 DVDs. I found this out the hard way... The difference in price for me is the cost of umlimited streaming.

Overall this is cheaper for me because my son is sharing the service with me and either way I would end up paying for his service while he is in college... :-)
Is this something new? I used to get multiple streams even when I had the DVDs in my plan.
I know it's only a few dollars more a month, but I would be upset about that. You can get unlimited streaming for $7.99 a month, but if you upgrade to one DVD a month, they take part of the streaming service away? That's a rip-off, imho.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:33 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Is this something new? I used to get multiple streams even when I had the DVDs in my plan.
I know it's only a few dollars more a month, but I would be upset about that. You can get unlimited streaming for $7.99 a month, but if you upgrade to one DVD a month, they take part of the streaming service away? That's a rip-off, imho.
This started when they split the DVD from the Streaming...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Up