Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Entertainment>Our good CA friend Zulu was on Storage Wars tonight!
Remo 01:01 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yeah, I knocked him out without laying a finger on him. :-)
Just keep pouring the booze :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:02 AM 11-30-2011
If funds were had, I would get several more.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:01 AM 11-30-2011
Cool episode, glad to see one of our brethren getting air time, nice job Zulu!
[Reply]
Wanger 07:01 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
Get a Tramp Stamp, maybe a Leprechaun :-)
...or maybe a butterfly on his hip. :-)

I saw Zulu on a tattoo show on the National Geographic Channel a while back, too. I've looked at his website, and his work is PHENOMENAL! My wife wants a coverup on one of hers, and I want to turn the ones on my right arm into a half sleeve. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather say "Just go for it" to, in regards to adding more ink. The philosophy that he espoused on the show I saw is very spiritual and I totally dig how he goes about it.
[Reply]
Beagleone 09:03 AM 11-30-2011
I caught this episode by chance and thought the tribal box was really cool. Pete Johnson of Tatuaje Cigars, was in town last weekend and we were talking about the episode. He thought it was cool to see Zulu on the show and that they works down the road from each other.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 02:24 PM 12-07-2011
So...speaking of storage wars, did anybody catch last night's episode? Was it just me or was that an insane overestimate of what that desktop humidor was worth? It looked nice and all, but $1500?! Honestly it just looked like the cheap little $50-100 desktops that are sold wholesale on any cigar website.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:35 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
So...speaking of storage wars, did anybody catch last night's episode? Was it just me or was that an insane overestimate of what that desktop humidor was worth? It looked nice and all, but $1500?! Honestly it just looked like the cheap little $50-100 desktops that are sold wholesale on any cigar website.
I was thinking that as well, but then it turned out that it was made by Dupont, which puts out some very pricey stuff.
I also watched Storage Wars: Texas too. It was very mediocre.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 02:42 PM 12-07-2011
They said it was made by Dupont? I definitely didn't catch that at all.

I did not watch SW: Texas...mostly because it didn't record on the DVR. Good to hear it wasn't worth watching, haha
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:37 AM 12-09-2011
They said it was made by Dupont? I definitely didn't catch that at all.
Yea, he showed the dupont manufacturer tag. I can't make out the finish or the lid color that well, but I think it was this model:

http://www.mikescigars.com/cigars/st...humidor-panter

The think looks like it only holds about 50 sticks--at $1500, that's a pretty pricey parking space!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:54 AM 12-09-2011
Yeah, I definitely wasn't paying attention that well. I did notice the St Dupont sign in the background, I just didn't catch that the humidor was a St Dupont.

And yes...$1500 for a little 50 count is pretty nuts! You're partway to an Aristocrat cabinet by then :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:06 AM 12-21-2011
I caught the episode tonight!

It caught me off guard... I was like "Hey, that's Zulu!"
:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:40 AM 12-21-2011
Saw it last night! Great job Zulu!
I saw this post before but didn't know what episode it was, then when they found the tattoo kit I thought I wonder if this is it!
[Reply]
OLS 09:22 AM 02-15-2012
I thought the same thing when they were TALKING about how they had basically just robbed the
US mint and I am thinking "pfft, dude I can buy that at JR for 40 bucks." But when they got it to the
store and I saw the brand name, I knew they did indeed have a nice humidor there. That's a Pricey BOX.
If you are willing to pay asking price, anyway. I thought if this is Elie Bleu or some major name, then
MAYBE they have something....But in a STORAGE UNIT?? Sheesh, what a maroon to leave that LITTLE
a55 box in that kind of environment. MAKE SPACE in your home for it. I don't recall if it was Clim. Cont. or not.

As to Zulu, I almost did not get to see this, as the original poster got the episode name wrong (?),
and I spent weeks and weeks looking for it to no avail. However I was watching the epis I DID find,
since I do not have cable, it was all good to me, and lo and behold, up pops Zulu. I agree, he did
extremely well for himself on the show, he should be proud of how good he made that look.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up