Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Entertainment>Spartacus Blood and Sand
GTsetGO 02:49 PM 09-12-2011
great show.

i watched these on DVD when i was in Bangladesh 6 months ago.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 12:46 PM 10-05-2011
I'm saddened to hear we lost Andy Whitfield. He really brought this show to life.

I hope the new actor can come close. It's also nice that Andy gave the show, and the new actor his blessing to continue (not that they needed it) before he passed. I think the people working on this will continue making a great show.
[Reply]
w squared 10:18 AM 10-24-2011
I've seen "Season 1" and a couple episodes of "Season 0.5". Unfortunately, Netflix seems to have forgotten that these exits...and I'm thinking that I may have to forget that Netflix exists.
[Reply]
OLS 07:09 AM 01-30-2012
Only viewed the first episode of the first season, but man was I disappointed. I have been watching Game of
Thrones, so I was used to a certain level of acting and set pieces, and man once I saw that "300" style greenscreen
digital sets and this crazy flying blood and blood used as transition, man, was I upset. I had read nary a bad comment
on the show in this thread, so I was expecting something similar to GoT, and like I said, what a disappointment.
I have all of the first season ready to watch, so I am going to watch them all regardless, and I am sure that
it will seem less "wrong" to me as I go forward, but I guess there is something to be said for never having watched 300
to begin with. Makes Game of Thrones all that much more impressive. And then all at once it hit me...this is from STARZ.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:23 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Only viewed the first episode of the first season, but man was I disappointed. I have been watching Game of
Thrones, so I was used to a certain level of acting and set pieces, and man once I saw that "300" style greenscreen
digital sets and this crazy flying blood and blood used as transition, man, was I upset. I had read nary a bad comment
on the show in this thread, so I was expecting something similar to GoT, and like I said, what a disappointment.
I have all of the first season ready to watch, so I am going to watch them all regardless, and I am sure that
it will seem less "wrong" to me as I go forward, but I guess there is something to be said for never having watched 300
to begin with. Makes Game of Thrones all that much more impressive. And then all at once it hit me...this is from STARZ.:-):-):-)
Sorry it didn't impress you the first time off. If you stick with it, I think you may find it is worthy of its own merits.

Comparing it to Game of Thrones is like comparing apples and oranges. (Or apples to any object) The only similarity is that both shows have characters using swords.
[Reply]
OLS 07:28 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Comparing it to Game of Thrones is like comparing apples and oranges. (Or apples to any object) The only similarity is that both shows have characters using swords.
Not really comparing it to GoT, I am more saying that's what I expected when I popped it in.
I mean, after reading this thread, anyway. I thought that at the level I now see that this show is at,
you'd have seen a few complaints in this thread, but it is all positive. That just goes to show you that
men will watch anything without much complaint, provided there is has full frontal nudity, haha.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:36 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Not really comparing it to GoT, I am more saying that's what I expected when I popped it in.
I mean, after reading this thread, anyway. I thought that at the level I now see that this show is at,
you'd have seen a few complaints in this thread, but it is all positive. That just goes to show you that
men will watch anything without much complaint, provided there is has full frontal nudity, haha.
Haha, this is true. What is there to complain about? There's violence and nudity!
(and a bit of plot as well). Where GoT arouses the more intellectual and cerebral part of man, Spartacus (IMHO) appeals to a more primitive desire in men. (Not to say it isn't intellectual, it just leaves less to the imagination).
[Reply]
OLS 02:52 PM 02-01-2012
Watched through to number 5 last night, better, but still a "family dollar" level of acting and production.
I hate to say it but that Zena Warrior Princess is perfectly cast. And that Batiatus has a BIG FAT MOUTH.

SPOILER ALERT----

I mean he successfully takes his vengeance, but he just HAS to reveal to his enemy that not only does he
KNOW what he did, but he has already struck back. But I guess we are all like that.

[Reply]
OLS 06:40 AM 02-02-2012
Watched 6 last night....That Batiatus really has good lines written for him and delivers them well, too.
But man, that snake has a black heart.
[Reply]
OLS 08:12 AM 02-05-2012
OK, I finally did finish the series. OLE'. I criticized it early on, and it IS a little weak through three.
But as it started rolling downhill towards it's finale, it really picked up speed and intrigue and the acting
ramped up. All except Crixsus. He got weaker as he went along. But of course, he was kind of like a Sampson
in that once he revealed his love, he lost some of his swagger and power. I saw a few of the new ones and think
I will just try and keep the memory of the original alive, show and actor, and skip the Vengeance series.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 12:13 PM 02-05-2012
Watching Episode 11. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up