Nice Tim!
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:17 AM 03-31-2010
Scored a case:
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:27 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Scored a case:
I have a love/hate relationship with your posts. :-):-)
[Reply]
landhoney 08:06 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Scored a case:
I got a bottle of this, all I kept seeing was the stout. I thought, "where are the other ones, aren't there supposed to be four different beers?" Then the beer store guy informed me they're rolling them out one at a time over the coming months. So more beer hauls ahead!

Anyone tried this yet? Good reviews for the most part on BA.
This ones going in the cellar for sure, need to buy more to drink and possibly cellar more if its excellent.
[Reply]
newcigarz 08:35 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I got a bottle of this, all I kept seeing was the stout. I thought, "where are the other ones, aren't there supposed to be four different beers?" Then the beer store guy informed me they're rolling them out one at a time over the coming months. So more beer hauls ahead!

Anyone tried this yet? Good reviews for the most part on BA.
This ones going in the cellar for sure, need to buy more to drink and possibly cellar more if its excellent.
Hey Seth, where did you find it?
[Reply]
landhoney 09:27 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Hey Seth, where did you find it?
BX Beer Depot, you have to be a homebrewer to buy it though. :-) They require you to buy at least 10lbs of grain or extract, 3 ounces of hops, and a yeast packet to purchase this beer.

:-):-) Joking :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:24 AM 03-31-2010
BX Beer Depot, you have to be a homebrewer to buy it though. :-) They require you to buy at least 10lbs of grain or extract, 3 ounces of hops, and a yeast packet to purchase this beer.

:-):-) Joking

:-)

Just remember your good buddy if you see it again. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:42 PM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
I have a love/hate relationship with your posts. :-):-)
:-)

I'm with Seth! I have to age a few bottles!!!
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:08 AM 04-01-2010
Grabbed a four pack of Founders Breakfast Stout and a bottle of Orval Trappist Ale.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 04:37 PM 04-04-2010

My local sold out of the Sierra before I could get any. Found an off the radar shop with a few cases while traveling. Wish I had the cash for more. First time I had seen the SSR, and had been looking for the John John for a while too. I love the whisky barrel aged beers. The 12oz is the last bottle from a six pack, that I am finishing as I type.
[Reply]
landhoney 07:58 AM 04-06-2010
Last night:

DFH Palo Santo
DFH Worldwide Stout
NC Old Stock Ale 2010 (I think I've got a nice vertical of this going, 2008-2010 now)
Bell's Expedition Stout
Orval

All but the Orval are going in the cellar for a long nap. :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 09:52 AM 04-06-2010
Last night:

DFH Palo Santo
DFH Worldwide Stout
NC Old Stock Ale 2010 (I think I've got a nice vertical of this going, 2008-2010 now)
Bell's Expedition Stout
Orval

I had grabbed any of the 2009 or 2010 old stock yet, but the 2008 is NICE right now:-)

what year is the WWS?
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:07 AM 04-06-2010
Last night:

DFH Palo Santo
DFH Worldwide Stout
Bell's Expedition Stout
Orval

I saw some DFH Palo Santo but passed for a few other things. I also recently bought a bottle of Orval. It wasn't bad but I still prefer Westmalle double.:-)
[Reply]
landhoney 10:18 AM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
what year is the WWS?
No idea, but I'll check. :-)

Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I saw some DFH Palo Santo but passed for a few other things. I also recently bought a bottle of Orval. It wasn't bad but I still prefer Westmalle double.:-)
I like Orval every so often but its not my favorite either, I really bought this particular one for the yeast/Brett. I added the dreggs of a bottle to half a batch of Saison right before bottling and it turned into one of my favorite homebrewed beers (very different from the non-Orval'ed other half). I also have a couple bottles in the cellar (a couple years old I think -need to check them), they are supposed to change quite a bit with a couple years on them, some don't feel it's an improvement, but I want to try myself. I guess you get less hop flavor/aroma and it gets a little funkier/drier....not sure the 'drier' is possible though.
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:53 AM 04-06-2010
Whenever you pop open those Orval's you've been sitting on I would be curious how there are and also compared to a fresh one.
[Reply]
landhoney 12:47 PM 04-06-2010
Whenever you pop open those Orval's you've been sitting on I would be curious how there are and also compared to a fresh one.
The Shack it is! :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:53 PM 04-07-2010
We should have a beer tasting table at the Shack, :-)

No pics, but tonight I grabbed:

6 bottles of GI Nightstalker, and 1 bottle of Widmer Brothers Reserve Cherry Oak Dopplebock. This beer has been staring at me the last few times I went in the store like a kitten at the animal shelter. Figured I should rescue it.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:07 PM 04-07-2010
I heard the GI Nightstalker was the same beer in the Bourbon County. Just stored in the bourbon barrels?

I would like to compare myself.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:34 PM 04-07-2010
I heard the GI Nightstalker was the same beer in the Bourbon County. Just stored in the bourbon barrels?

I would like to compare myself.
It's the same base, but as they put it, "dry hopped like madmen."
[Reply]
Page 17 of 111
« First < 7151617 18192767 > Last »
Up