Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Edgestar, Avanti, Vinotemp
Donny007 11:13 AM 07-15-2010
I am looking into getting a cooler. What is the reccomended one to purchase. They all look nice and drawers are avalible for all. Thanks
[Reply]
Darrell 11:14 AM 07-15-2010
I have two Vinotemps, I've never had a single problem with them. They rock!
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:15 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
:-) I'm with Mean D on this one. :-) :-)
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 11:24 AM 07-15-2010
I've got an Edgestar, no problems...they tend to be cheaper in price.
[Reply]
Montano 11:39 AM 07-15-2010
I ordered an Edgestar yesterday. Seems to be the best bang for the buck.
[Reply]
bsmokin 11:42 AM 07-15-2010
I have an Edgestar w/ Chasden drawers and it's great! Edgestar is generally cheaper, for the same thing as a Vinotemp. To be honest, I have no idea why people get the Vinos over the Edgestars, unless they get the cheaper on sale somewhere...
[Reply]
Donny007 11:56 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by bsmokin:
I have an Edgestar w/ Chasden drawers and it's great! Edgestar is generally cheaper, for the same thing as a Vinotemp. To be honest, I have no idea why people get the Vinos over the Edgestars, unless they get the cheaper on sale somewhere...
Thats what i was hoping to hear. I dont mind spending a couple hundred for the edgrstar. The vino seems a little pricy. Eaiser to sell the iwfe on the edgestar to!! Thanks
[Reply]
waffle 12:01 PM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by Donny007:
Thats what i was hoping to hear. I dont mind spending a couple hundred for the edgrstar. The vino seems a little pricy. Eaiser to sell the iwfe on the edgestar to!! Thanks
:-) I got her lined up to get me one for x-mas!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:12 PM 07-15-2010
I HAD an Avanti. It was very pretty but it didn't seem to do the job. I returned it. I now have a Vinotemp as my main vino and two generics, a 18 bottle and 12 bottle, which work fine.
[Reply]
Giants85 12:25 PM 07-15-2010
This may be my own personal experience and not necessarily true for all Edgestar brands but, my Edgestar seems to sit right about 60f-63f at the highest temperature setting(which isn't terrible). I believe Vinos may be able to hold a higher temperature better? Like around 65-70?
[Reply]
bsmokin 12:29 PM 07-15-2010
AHHH... now, if that's true, I'm understanding why people may want to spend the extra $$$$ :-) For me, I don't even have my Edgestar plugged in... it's just a nice humidor with an excellent seal. Don't need the temp control where I have it (in the basement). :-)

Originally Posted by Giants85:
This may be my own personal experience and not necessarily true for all Edgestar brands but, my Edgestar seems to sit right about 60f-63f at the highest temperature setting(which isn't terrible). I believe Vinos may be able to hold a higher temperature better? Like around 65-70?

[Reply]
kydsid 12:45 PM 07-15-2010
Well the bigger reason the Vino's are so popular, to me at least, is that they were on closeout at Target for a while a couple years ago. You could get them as cheap or cheaper than the current Edgestar.

The other lesser reason to me is that Vino's are though to have better quality. Remains to be seen to me as Chinese is Chinese to me and I haven't had any issues with my Edgestar running 24/7 for 2 years now.
[Reply]
bigliver 05:06 PM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Gotta go with D on this one too.
[Reply]
E-Tx Surveyor 08:09 AM 07-16-2010
I'll be grabbing on Edgestar when it comes time. I smoke on a pretty tight budget and I've seen no major flaws with the Edgestar.
[Reply]
waffle 08:27 AM 07-16-2010
I have recently found a 28 bottle vinotemp for 100 bones more than an edgestar... question is: is it worth it or should I take that cash and throw it into more smokes?
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:25 AM 07-16-2010
I bought an Avanti, the only reason being that's the only brand Target carried and I had a $100 gift card. After the first one arrived severely damaged (they took $10 off the next one) then the second arrived minorly damaged (they took off $40 more), it was like I only paid $65 (with tax) for the whole thing. So...while I would've preferred an Edgestar, I'll live with the Avanti :-) lol.
[Reply]
bsmokin 09:27 AM 07-16-2010
I think it really comes down to where you live, where you'll keep the humidor, and the ambient temps around there.

If you plan on keeping the fridge plugged in for the cooling, then it sounds like the Vino may be better, since if can maintain a more ideal lower temp (70 degs?).

If you're not going to need the cooling, the Edgestar seems like the way to go...
:-)

Originally Posted by waffle:
I have recently found a 28 bottle vinotemp for 100 bones more than an edgestar... question is: is it worth it or should I take that cash and throw it into more smokes?

[Reply]
kydsid 09:38 AM 07-16-2010
If you're not going to need the cooling, the Edgestar seems like the way to go...
If you aren't going to need the cooling Igloo is the way to go. :-) :-)
[Reply]
waffle 10:05 AM 07-16-2010
I think it really comes down to where you live, where you'll keep the humidor, and the ambient temps around there.

If you plan on keeping the fridge plugged in for the cooling, then it sounds like the Vino may be better, since if can maintain a more ideal lower temp (70 degs?).

Well, we normally keep the house ~ 75 and itll be stored in the basement about 72, so I'm thinking a vino will be better for me as I'll want to keep them cooler than that (reading about the beetles terrifies me)... thanks for the help!
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:09 AM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Well the bigger reason the Vino's are so popular, to me at least, is that they were on closeout at Target for a while a couple years ago. You could get them as cheap or cheaper than the current Edgestar.

The other lesser reason to me is that Vino's are though to have better quality. Remains to be seen to me as Chinese is Chinese to me and I haven't had any issues with my Edgestar running 24/7 for 2 years now.
Vinotemp also did a deal for the forum a while back. If you were a member of CA they had them for $199 + shipping. I have one and have had no issues with it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up