Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Herf-a-Dor X5 Traveldor
dwoodward 02:02 PM 07-16-2010
I just got this with my order from CI. I figured it would be great for when I go out fishing. I only have one issue at the moment. Does anyone know how to use the mini humidifier that is tucked away in the top? How do I fill it?
[Reply]
Darrell 02:04 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I just got this with my order from CI. I figured it would be great for when I go out fishing. I only have one issue at the moment. Does anyone know how to use the mini humidifier that is tucked away in the top? How do I fill it?
You don't.

For a day trip or a few days leave it dry. They tend to over humidify your sticks quickly. If you "must" humidify them, buy a mini Boveda pack from your B&M. They're about half the size of a business card and 65% humidity.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:09 PM 07-16-2010
When I need to add humidification (e.g., going on vacation) I just use a (Shilala's) Bead Pillow or a 1oz Soft Bead Stick. Otherwise, it is fine without any added humidification.
[Reply]
md4958 02:11 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
You don't.

For a day trip or a few days leave it dry. They tend to over humidify your sticks quickly. If you "must" humidify them, buy a mini Boveda pack from your B&M. They're about half the size of a business card and 65% humidity.
:-)

actually even for more than a couple days I wouldnt use any sort of humidification, those things seal pretty tight. Those "pucks" are meant for PG solution, but like D said, it gets them too wet too fast. Plus, PG solution is typically to high of an RH% for many (at least many on this board)
[Reply]
dwoodward 02:50 PM 07-16-2010
Okay, thanks guys, that answers my question great.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:55 PM 07-16-2010
I have an 18 count and it's always full of cigars. There are some that have been in there for months and they still need no additional humidification.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:15 AM 07-17-2010
One of the reasons I sometimes use the beads in herf-a-dor is to remove excess humidification. Sometimes I stop by the local B&M on my way to a herf, throw the cigars in the herf-a-dor. The beads also keep the humidity from getting too high.
[Reply]
Up