Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Difference in single, double and triple jets
Whee 09:17 AM 07-15-2010
I prefer single flame.....:-)

I have lighters from all three sizes. I find my self using my dual flame to light and my single to touch up. I will use the single only to light up the smaller RG sticks.
[Reply]
rizzle 10:04 AM 07-15-2010
Count me in the single flame group. How do you realistically touch up a cigar with a triple flame without scorching the wrapper anyway? And I like thinner ring guage cigars primarily so the single is the ticket for me.
[Reply]
dwoodward 10:14 AM 07-15-2010
Singles are great for touch ups... The only logical use of a triple flame that I can perceive is using it for toasting your cigar before light, which if you don't have 20 seconds to do it with a single flame, then you really probably don't have the time to smoke the cigar anyway.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:56 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Count me in the single flame group. How do you realistically touch up a cigar with a triple flame without scorching the wrapper anyway? And I like thinner ring guage cigars primarily so the single is the ticket for me.
That's my main issue too...the touch ups. A triple to light a small ring guage could be a challenge...a triple to touch up a smal ring guage could be a disaster. :-)
[Reply]
Chinogobraap 11:00 AM 07-15-2010
Thanks guys yea I picked up the vector knight single flame off cigar monster for 17.00 last night. cant wait for it to get here
[Reply]
bishjd123 11:16 AM 07-15-2010
I use the triple for 54+ ring gauges and a single for anything less than that as well as touch ups. Still getting the hang of using the triple and not scorching the wrapper.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:59 AM 07-15-2010
I have the Xikar Enigma twin jet but I've found that I get a straighter burn with a soft flame.
[Reply]
bvilchez 12:18 PM 07-15-2010
Single flame...anything else to me is overkill.
[Reply]
RRocket 06:52 PM 07-15-2010
Well I guess I'll be the one to disagree a bit. I like large ring cigars. Particularly NUB 464s. Sure, a single burner will get it lit. But with my triple burner lighter, that fat stogie is going in the blink of an eye. And I didn't pay alot of money for the lighter either. It's a Nibo Royall 44. Has a punch in bottom too. Can get them online for about $20. I love the lighter and have never had an issue. I now prefer the triple burner for all my lighting duties. It's my "go to" lighter. My buddy also recently switched to a triple flame Nibo called the Space 6.

Here's quick video I made of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZJMp2joM8
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up