Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>What Davidoff had the best flavor profile for you?
Outlaw God 05:46 PM 08-16-2013
What Davidoff had the best flavor profile for you?
Thanks
[Reply]
Blueface 06:06 PM 08-16-2013
Novel idea:
How about following up on your prior threads and posting there,
Do you have capability to learn?
[Reply]
Outlaw God 06:11 PM 08-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Novel idea:
Do you have capability to learn?
How about staying out of the thread with out the drama?
Thanks
[Reply]
Blueface 06:12 PM 08-16-2013
Originally Posted by Outlaw God:
Thanks
How about not being the reason for the drama?
Thanks.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:16 PM 08-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Novel idea:

While maybe not the most tactful way of making the point, Carlos DOES have a point.

Carlos and Mark (markem) had some sage advice in your last thread. Did you happen to read it? You didn't reply so we have no way of knowing.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:16 PM 08-16-2013
Thanks
How about leaving the moderating to the moderators?
[Reply]
markem 06:25 PM 08-16-2013
Gotta say that the Davis are not near the top of fave smokes. However, when you can get ones that have been stored really well, I tend to gravitate towards these:

Château Haut-Brion
Château Margaux
No. 1
No. 2
[Reply]
Outlaw God 06:29 PM 08-16-2013
Originally Posted by markem:
Gotta say that the Davis are not near the top of fave smokes. However, when you can get ones that have been stored really well, I tend to gravitate towards these:

Château Haut-Brion
Château Margaux
No. 1
No. 2
Thanks for the solid advice brother
[Reply]
pnoon 06:30 PM 08-16-2013
Did you happen to see his advice in your last thread?
Just curious.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 06:33 PM 08-16-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Did you happen to see his advice in your last thread?
Just curious.
Sorry,but whats that have to do with the Davidoff?
I'm not sure what thread that was?
Thanks
[Reply]
markem 06:35 PM 08-16-2013
Just proving a point, which is that many new members post without engaging their brains. The ones I listed haven't been made since 1991 and are Cuban. You are likely interested in NC Davis. This proves the point in part of my post in your box thread.

"Think, then post" is better than
"post, then think" which is better than
"post rather than think"

Bet you don't get invited to too many cocktail parties, do you?
[Reply]
Outlaw God 06:37 PM 08-16-2013
Just proving a point, which is that many new members post without engaging their brains. The ones I listed haven't been made since 1991 and are Cuban. You are likely interested in NC Davis. This proves the point in part of my post in your box thread.

"Think, then post" is better than
"post, then think" which is better than
"post rather than think"

Bet you don't get invited to too many cocktail parties, do you?
Wow, grumpy bunch
[Reply]
pnoon 06:39 PM 08-16-2013
Sorry,but whats that have to do with the Davidoff?
I'm not sure what thread that was?
Thanks
So are you telling us you create these threads but don't read the replies?

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63146

Start reading at post number 14 (your own). Pay attention to post numbers 27 & 36

Many people are trying to help you but you don't seem interested in helping yourself.
Just an observation.
[Reply]
markem 06:39 PM 08-16-2013
Wow, grumpy bunch
Yes, when it turns out that you have no idea what you are talking about, start name calling because that will put everyone in their place.

:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:40 PM 08-16-2013
Wow, grumpy bunch
Not really.

Many people are trying to help you but you don't seem interested in helping yourself.
Just an observation.
[Reply]
Smooth23 09:33 PM 08-16-2013
Yeah I'm kinda getting sick of seeing these threads. And it's not just this forum, other forums as well, the same thread..
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:35 PM 08-16-2013

Château Haut-Brion
Château Margaux
No. 1
No. 2
Those are good recommendations, but do you store them in the cello or out of it?

:-)
[Reply]
markem 11:17 PM 08-16-2013
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Those are good recommendations, but do you store them in the cello or out of it?
I know a guy who knows a guy who makes cello for any cigar you can name.
[Reply]
bstarrs 06:36 AM 08-17-2013
Hindsight is 20/20, to my shame I admit I did some of these same types of threads on other boards way back when I started smoking. But I quickly found that the most rewarding part of this hobby is going out and trying whatever catches your eye or you can get your hands on. No two palettes are the same so asking other people to lead you through the aisle and throw stuff in your shopping cart just bites you in the ass in the end. It's pretty much the same as handing your money to someone else and saying "here go buy what YOU like".

Now if there is a trend or something is really hot at the moment (ie Roma Craft is dominating discussion on this board ATM) by all means ask for more details. But don't ask to be lead blindly by others, take your money and go on the adventure yourself. There are enough threads already posted or reviews here and countless other websites?/YouTube channels where you can formulate a basic opinion on specific sticks or marcas. If you are really curious about a brand or something by all means ask for advice but posting weekly/daily polls on manufacturers is kind of useless to you and others. Not to sound harsh, hopefully as a new guy on here I do not get torn to shreds for posting this. This place is so much nicer and cheerful than other boards (cough CA cough) and threads like these cause friction and divide boards.

That's the way I see it anyways, sorry for ruffling anyone's feathers. I really do not want to step on anyone's toes. Before posting use the search function because usually you can find what you are looking for and then if you want to get more specific go ahead. Hopefully I don't get run out of town for posting my thoughts as I'm not a tenured member here.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:39 AM 08-17-2013
What Mark posted in the previous thread is the best advice no fluff or BS I have seen posted here, if that did not clue you in I'm not sure what will.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up