Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva Serie O Perfecto
kayaker 12:41 PM 10-26-2008
Hey all,

Today I had my first perfecto. Got this one in the Oliva sampler I picked up from Shellie.

I toasted and lit the tiny foot before clipping. I took a small snip off the cap and tested the draw. It was too tight so a snipped a little more. Still a little tight, but good enough for me.

The first draws were tasty, but it took a little while to get a fuller flavour.

After about 10 minutes I noticed that the wrapper had split a little and may have caused the uneven burn that showed up.

I gently rolled off the ash and used by torch-lighter to fix it up. That worked well and didn't really affect the taste which remained tasty. However, after another little while the cigar went out. So I had to remove the ash again and relight it. Taste was still enjoyable.

I had to relight once more but that was in the final third of the cigar. It remained tasty right to the nubbing end.

In all it was a very enjoyable cigar, but it did need a little work to keep it in good smoking condition. I can't get very detailed in taste profiles because I'm still new to this. All I know is that I did enjoy the taste, which seemed a bit on the sweet side.

I may have to let the other sampler sticks sit for another week and I'll have to try dryboxing the next ones.

I would buy this cigar again, and the size/shape was nice for a shorter smoking session.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Hmmm... I tried linking photos from my album, but it's not working. Help?
[Reply]
BengalMan 01:14 PM 10-26-2008
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:56 PM 10-26-2008
awswome:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 03:23 PM 10-26-2008
I'm not sure why the photos didn't appear in my post, but here's the link to my album.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 04:16 PM 10-26-2008
I also enjoyed this cigar. A box is on my 'to get list'.
[Reply]
Scottw 04:19 PM 10-26-2008
I love the "o"s
[Reply]
CoroHo 09:51 AM 10-27-2008
Yep - great stick!

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up