Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Need Cigars!
CigarSquid 02:18 PM 08-22-2011
What are some cigars a fairly new smoker should try? I'm looking for sampler packs or 5 packs.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 02:41 PM 08-22-2011
The key is to smoke every single cigar as fast as you can and figure out which one you liked best.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:41 PM 08-22-2011
Are you looking for suggestions or people to sell them to you?
[Reply]
SmokinCozy 02:42 PM 08-22-2011
Try cigarmonster.com they have lots of samplers and 5 packs.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 02:44 PM 08-22-2011
Just kidding, if you give some idea of what your taste/ strength preference is that would make it a lot easier to give some suggestions. If you don't have that down yet, there is a lot of good info on here if you use the search function. Good reviews, cheap smokes threads, etc. Just my:-). Good luck!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:46 PM 08-22-2011
As a newbie myself I would recomend a sampler of the Man O' War line. They have a few different options for different tastes. If you like mild flavor try the MoW Virtue or the Cain Daytonas, but not the other Cains from what I read. If you like a dark cocoa/coffee profile try the Diesel Unholy Cocktail. There are so many different flavor profiles out there I am still finding my tastes but so far I enjoy anything Maduro, might differ for you however!

What I did was once I found a flavor I enjoyed I read reviews to find those same flavors mentioned, hasn't led me wrong yet.
[Reply]
MedicCook 03:18 PM 08-22-2011
If you have a local B&M go there and try a new one each time.
[Reply]
dave 04:00 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
If you have a local B&M go there and try a new one each time.
+1

You should do this even if you're not a fairly new cigar smoker.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 04:12 PM 08-22-2011
Smoke all different size, styles & shapes. That way you leave no stone unturned. Then, it all comes down to trial and error. You need to experiment on your own & find out what works best for you & your developing palate. What you find works for you may not work for the other guy. The best part is all the cigars you will smoke between now & then... :-)

P.S. You can never go wrong with PADRON... :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 04:37 PM 08-22-2011
I like more so medium.. Some full are good. Man o war... Ehhh haven't done anything for me so far.

Local b&m sucks. Looking for suggestions not for members to sell them.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:54 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by OrCal15:
I like more so medium.. Some full are good. Man o war... Ehhh haven't done anything for me so far.

Local b&m sucks. Looking for suggestions not for members to sell them.
Brick House, Any Tatuaje, Illusione. All We Can Do Is Make Suggestions; Everyone Here Has Different Tastes. :-) :-) Try www.cigarsatyourprice.com
[Reply]
shilala 05:11 PM 08-22-2011
Garry, some cigars are real simple and one-dimensional. That's a good place to start. That way you can get some solid ideas about the flavors you like.
Do you mouth smoke or nose smoke? The reason I ask is that a lot of cigars give up flavors and nuance that you can't experience if you're mouth smoking. Guys need to know that to make suggestions.
What have you smoked that you liked? That's another biggie. It allows guys to tell you about similar cigars.

With zero input, I'd suggest you try anything Fuente, anything Padron, maybe Cusano, Punch, Torano, anything with a pretty band, or anything that smells nice to you. Don't pay a lot, stay under 6 or 7 bucks.

Check back in later and ask the same question, but give the guys some input. They'll help. Go find the NST (noob sampler trade) here and get involved, and take a look at the smokes the noobs are enjoying.
Have fun, brother!!! :-)
[Reply]
WittyUserName 05:30 PM 08-22-2011
If you can pin down a strength that you like CI offers Taster Packs that are 10 cigars of a certain strength with a cutter for $35. I started there and have expanded with other suggestions from here and friends.
[Reply]
jjirons69 05:37 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Garry, some cigars are real simple and one-dimensional. That's a good place to start. That way you can get some solid ideas about the flavors you like.
Do you mouth smoke or nose smoke? The reason I ask is that a lot of cigars give up flavors and nuance that you can't experience if you're mouth smoking. Guys need to know that to make suggestions.
What have you smoked that you liked? That's another biggie. It allows guys to tell you about similar cigars.

With zero input, I'd suggest you try anything Fuente, anything Padron, maybe Cusano, Punch, Torano, anything with a pretty band, or anything that smells nice to you. Don't pay a lot, stay under 6 or 7 bucks.

Check back in later and ask the same question, but give the guys some input. They'll help. Go find the NST (noob sampler trade) here and get involved, and take a look at the smokes the noobs are enjoying.
Have fun, brother!!! :-)
Scott is wise
[Reply]
bobarian 05:58 PM 08-22-2011
You forgot to post a picture of your empty humidor. :-)
[Reply]
WittyUserName 06:03 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
you forgot to post a picture of your empty humidor. :-)
hahaha
[Reply]
irratebass 06:40 PM 08-22-2011
No one wants to see that lol
[Reply]
shilala 06:47 PM 08-22-2011
Did I miss something or was that rude and unnecessary?
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 07:03 PM 08-22-2011
Check out the Brickhouse line. Great cigar at a great price.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:19 PM 08-22-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Did I miss something or was that rude and unnecessary?
Nope you did not miss anything Scott. I simply see this as a plea for cigars, hence the thread title. No input on taste preferences or effort to find the information on his own. There are dozens and dozens of threads on recommended cigars based upon smokers taste preferences. Even knowing someones flavor preferences will still get so many varied answers that they will be of little help. Simply checking around a bit based on his personal experiences will yield more cigars than one could imagine. As you know taste and preferences evolve over time, this is a journey every one takes. :-)

Sorry if I offended but its tiring to see these type of posts day after day. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up