Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 65 of 196
« First < 1555636465 666775115165 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
never_enough 09:03 AM 01-14-2013
I will be back in KY next month. Hopefully I can stock up on the good stuff at Liquor Barn. Bourbon selection up here is absolutely horrid.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:57 AM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Elijah Craig 12 is one of my favorites, I actually prefer it to the 18.
Alot of the research I have been doing said the same thing.
I have not tried it yet but for $22 a bottle it's a steal if it is decent.
[Reply]
DaBear 10:37 AM 01-16-2013
Dammit, I had just resolved not to bring any bourbon with me to the shop tonight. Oh well, guess I'll have to stop back at my place to grab a bottle after class. Now the question of Angels Envy, Woodford Kentucky Derby LE '11, or Buffalo Trace Single Oak. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:52 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Dammit, I had just resolved not to bring any bourbon with me to the shop tonight. Oh well, guess I'll have to stop back at my place to grab a bottle after class. Now the question of Angels Envy, Woodford Kentucky Derby LE '11, or Buffalo Trace Single Oak. :-)
I found some Angels Envy and Buffalo Trace at a local place but didn't know if I should try them.
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 11:15 AM 01-16-2013
Pick up a bottle of "Very Old Barton" 100 proof, trust me. (a handle goes for $23) Thanks Ian!
[Reply]
billybarue 07:01 PM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I found some Angels Envy and Buffalo Trace at a local place but didn't know if I should try them.
Buffalo Trace is one of my favorites - the other is Eagle Rare.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:05 AM 01-22-2013
I tried the Elijah Craig 12 year, it was okay but not as good as Woodford. So far I have not found a Bourbon I like better than Woodford.
[Reply]
Boz 09:57 PM 01-23-2013
I tried the Elijah Craig 12 year, it was okay but not as good as Woodford. So far I have not found a Bourbon I like better than Woodford.
Agreed :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 11:15 PM 01-23-2013
Give the Angels Envy a try. It a bit pricey, but worth every last penny. Easily my current favorite. Which is bad cuz I'm drinking that over the Single Oak I have that needs to get drunk up! :-)

Finished off my bottle of Woodford Double Oaked last night, now I'm down to 5 open bottles(6 if you count the bacon infused Maker's I got for Xmas from my sister). :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:15 AM 01-24-2013
Give the Angels Envy a try. It a bit pricey, but worth every last penny. Easily my current favorite. Which is bad cuz I'm drinking that over the Single Oak I have that needs to get drunk up! :-)

Finished off my bottle of Woodford Double Oaked last night, now I'm down to 5 open bottles(6 if you count the bacon infused Maker's I got for Xmas from my sister). :-)

Will be my next one or the 4roses depending upon which store I visit.
[Reply]
DaBear 11:24 AM 01-24-2013
Will be my next one or the 4roses depending upon which store I visit.
Both great borbouns, but the Angels Envy takes the cake to me. The son of the guy who did Woodford is responsible for Angels Envy, and supposedly the dad helps out as well now.
[Reply]
kickerb 12:20 PM 01-24-2013
Anyone every get lucky on ABC's Pappy Van Winkle lottery? I just signed up. Any other tips for someone seeking a bottle of the 20 year?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:23 PM 01-24-2013
Both great borbouns, but the Angels Envy takes the cake to me. The son of the guy who did Woodford is responsible for Angels Envy, and supposedly the dad helps out as well now.
Oh that sounds nice, I may have to but that one to the top of the priority list!
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 02:02 PM 01-24-2013
I really need to get a bottle of Angel's Envy......
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:20 PM 01-25-2013
Four roses right now. ABC had it on sale. Glad they did; very tasty. :-)

Picked up a bottle of corner creek on the recommendations here. We'll see.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:33 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Four roses right now. ABC had it on sale. Glad they did; very tasty. :-)

Picked up a bottle of corner creek on the recommendations here. We'll see.
....:-)

[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 01:45 PM 01-27-2013
Picked this up Saturday
[Reply]
DaBear 02:32 PM 01-27-2013
Willett's is some good stuff. Nice and spicy. Very different for a bourbon. Its the only bourbon a number of scotch drinkers I know will drink.
[Reply]
76GTFan 05:26 PM 01-27-2013
Willett's is some good stuff. Nice and spicy. Very different for a bourbon. Its the only bourbon a number of scotch drinkers I know will drink.
They should try the Jefferson Reserve 18year.:-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 08:09 PM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Alas, they did not have it! Nor did they have any Stranahan's which I also want to try. They had the Stranahan's last year, but haven't gotten any in lately. There's a liquor superstore on the south side of Atlanta that I'll be going by in the next two months. I feel sure they will have the Corner Creek, probably also the Colorado whiskey (yeah, I know... Also NOT a bourbon, but I figure it's worth a try!)
I visited the Stranahan's distillery a year ago while I was in Castle Rock (near Denver) for my brothers wedding. It really is a small operation but very cool to see. I picked up a bottle at the end of the tour as I was VERY impressed from the samples they give you at the end. I highly recommend you pick up a bottle. One of my favorite whiskey's now. A highly impressive spirit. :-)
[Reply]
Page 65 of 196
« First < 1555636465 666775115165 > Last »
Up