Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 59 of 199
« First < 949575859 606169109159 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
SvilleKid 10:54 PM 04-04-2012
I had to charge the Rye, won't really have the money for them til next week. But I was afraid if I passed up on them, I would not find them again! Neither of these are (and probably will never be) available in Bama, so I pretty much have to grab these special items any time I find them! It will probably be a month before I finish the two bourbons I have open, so it will be a while til I try these to give a review! That doesn't mean I wont' buy seconds if I find them and have the money! Not many Woodfords I've tried that I didn't love!!
[Reply]
Bill86 11:09 PM 04-04-2012
That is very true, you make an excellent point. Perhaps if I see the Ryes again they will get Purchased.
[Reply]
fricky 01:41 PM 04-08-2012
Is anyone going to the Bourbon Sampler at the end of this month in Bardstown, Kentucky? All of the major distilleries are represented. It is a great opportunity to taste samples of currently available bourbon and meet some of the Master Distillers. It is also a great opportunity to meet other bourbon enthusiasts.
[Reply]
fricky 10:47 AM 04-11-2012
This year, the private group of which I am a member will be visiting Buffalo Trace Distillery, Four Roses Distillery, Heaven Hill Distillery, and Kentucky Bourbon Distillers to taste and select our own barrels of bourbon. Last year we selected 4 barrels. The selection process is quite interesting and fun.
[Reply]
never_enough 01:43 PM 04-11-2012
Sounds awesome. Have a fun and safe trip.
[Reply]
never_enough 01:51 PM 04-11-2012
I will be visiting a distillery in Nantucket this summer that makes a bourbon. Called Nor'Easter Bourbon. Being from KY, I think bourbon made outside of KY is blasphemy :-)

Going to see whats its like though.

Edit: Some quick research says its might be distilled at heaven hill and aged two years in KY, then aged two more years on Nantucket. Hmmm
[Reply]
Yojimbo 08:58 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by never_enough:
Edit: Some quick research says its might be distilled at heaven hill and aged two years in KY, then aged two more years on Nantucket. Hmmm
I used to live at the end of Barton Rd, the street leading into Haven Hill. I loved waking up to that smell.
[Reply]
never_enough 09:17 AM 04-13-2012
I use to live in KY too. Not going to lie, I miss it.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:39 PM 04-16-2012
I finished the bottle of bourbon I've been working down. I decided tonight to open the Woodford Reserve Double Oak I picked up last week.

People, this is NOT your everyday Woodford!!!! I'm drinking it straight-up, which is my normal method of sippin bourbon. Initial taste on my lips and front of tonge was much sweeter than I would have guessed. Then, as the whiskey flows back, it developed a sting and bite on the back of my mouth like it is 100+ proof (90 proof). The double oak finish on this bourbon manifest itself with an expected smoky taste that is much closer to the smoky peat taste of good scotch! This bourbon goes through half a dozen changes on each sip. While I don't usually use ice or water, I'd think this bourbon would be even more complex if a single cube of ice was added. I'd buy this one again, if I run across it.
[Reply]
never_enough 09:45 PM 04-16-2012
Thanks for the review. Will look for it when I am back in KY in May.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:15 AM 04-17-2012
I ran across this in a Vermont liquor store and am a big fan.
It is sweet, but not overly so. Over ice it has a VERY smooth, very drinkable quality that just seems to beg for one more sip.
Their web site is http://www.cabinfeverspirits.com/
[Reply]
pnoon 06:14 PM 04-27-2012
Just picked up a 1.75L of Eagle Rare 10 year old for $37.99.
I feel like I stole it. :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:33 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Just picked up a 1.75L of Eagle Rare 10 year old for $37.99.
I feel like I stole it. :-)
Not bad at all, Peter! That is the last bourbon I purchased, but in the 750ml bottle. Think I paid around $30. Wish I had a your cheap prices down here!!!
[Reply]
pnoon 11:22 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Not bad at all, Peter! That is the last bourbon I purchased, but in the 750ml bottle. Think I paid around $30. Wish I had a your cheap prices down here!!!
At Xmas, I bought a 750ml for $27. When I saw the 1.75 for $39.99, it was a no brainer. (I had a 5% off coupon which lowered the price to $37.99)
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:53 AM 05-02-2012
I finished the bottle of bourbon I've been working down. I decided tonight to open the Woodford Reserve Double Oak I picked up last week.

People, this is NOT your everyday Woodford!!!! I'm drinking it straight-up, which is my normal method of sippin bourbon. Initial taste on my lips and front of tonge was much sweeter than I would have guessed. Then, as the whiskey flows back, it developed a sting and bite on the back of my mouth like it is 100+ proof (90 proof). The double oak finish on this bourbon manifest itself with an expected smoky taste that is much closer to the smoky peat taste of good scotch! This bourbon goes through half a dozen changes on each sip. While I don't usually use ice or water, I'd think this bourbon would be even more complex if a single cube of ice was added. I'd buy this one again, if I run across it.
I had a tiny sample of this last week. You are spot on. I usually drink my bourbon neat, but this would benefit from a little water to open it up and mellow it out some. Gonna have to look for this soon.
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:07 PM 05-02-2012

Nice review....big fan of WR....never saw the double oak, but i'll be on the "prowl" for it!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:22 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Nice review....big fan of WR....never saw the double oak, but i'll be on the "prowl" for it!
Headed to cabinet to get a glass of the Double Oaked now!
[Reply]
macsauce13 08:41 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by never_enough:
I use to live in KY too. Not going to lie, I miss it.
Im from KY, living in OH for school. I used to spend WAY too much time in the Liquor Barn just ogling all the different bottles!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:58 PM 05-02-2012
Poured myself 2 fingers of Corner Creek Bourbon tonight and floated a nice size ice cube in it. I think that added a bit more sweetness and smoothness to this brand. Drinking it neet, the bourbon has more depth and density. Really enjoying this bourbon. Thanks again to Peter (Pnoon) for turning me on to this brand:-)

Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Im from KY, living in OH for school. I used to spend WAY too much time in the Liquor Barn just ogling all the different bottles!
[Reply]
pnoon 11:00 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Poured myself 2 fingers of Corner Creek Bourbon tonight and floated a nice size ice cube in it. I think that added a bit more sweetness and smoothness to this brand. Drinking it neet, the bourbon has more depth and density. Really enjoying this bourbon. Thanks again to Peter (Pnoon) for turning me on to this brand:-)
My pleasure, Mark. Corner Creek is a sleeper for sure.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 199
« First < 949575859 606169109159 > Last »
Up