Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 122 of 199
« First < 2272112120121122 123124132172 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 10:03 AM 09-30-2020
Last few nights:

[Reply]
stearns 10:12 AM 09-30-2020
No losers there :-)

I just got a bottle of EHT Single Barrel in, I tried a sample of one blind and thought it was solid but wasn't wowed, I still have a sample of that one I'm going to side-by-side with this bottle when I crack it. Had a friend that got it from Binny's for $69.99 and didn't want to keep it, I couldn't say no :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:11 PM 09-30-2020
Yeah, can't say "no" at retail, Ben. :-)

Hung out with a local guy and had my first taste of EHT Barrel Proof. Yeah, I'd pay over retail there. :-)

Had a few other cool pours. Old Forester Birthday, and a couple different Kavalan expressions. One was aged in Sherry casks, the other was their barrel proof "base". Not much of a finished whiskey guy, but these were really freakin' good.
[Reply]
stearns 05:10 AM 10-01-2020
Yes please on all of the above :-)

Sounds like a great time, EHTBP seems completely unobtainable but I've said that before about things that I've somehow ended up with, eyes open!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:40 AM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
Sounds like a great time, EHTBP seems completely unobtainable but I've said that before about things that I've somehow ended up with, eyes open!
Yeah, I see crazy secondary prices. I'd love a bottle, but not at gouger rates.

Two pours of Booker's last night, Shiny Barrel and Country Ham. Shiny is good, but the Ham is the sh!t. :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 10:59 AM 10-02-2020

Local FB group did a barrel pick of 4 year old Tumbling Dice. A tad sweet on the palate with lingering heat on the finish. Great pick by these guys.
[Reply]
Gabe215 07:05 PM 10-02-2020
Looks like The Right Stuff!!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:38 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
Looks like The Right Stuff!!
:-) :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:04 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The OFs are going for more than double what I paid on FB secondary groups, so I figured maybe I can get one of the '15 Booker's I need out of it. If not, I'll drink it. Had a pour last night and was pretty happy, that Beam peanut funk was front and center.
Speaking Of "Peanut", My Wife Bought Me A Bottle Of "Skrewball" Peanut Butter Whiskey. "To The Misfits, Black Sheep And Skrewballs", On The Label. Fitting For Me.:-):-). Not Bad, If You Like, Peanut Butter! Anyone Tried It?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:57 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Speaking Of "Peanut", My Wife Bought Me A Bottle Of "Skrewball" Peanut Butter Whiskey. "To The Misfits, Black Sheep And Skrewballs", On The Label. Fitting For Me.:-):-). Not Bad, If You Like, Peanut Butter! Anyone Tried It?
Not even on a bet, Greg. :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 AM 10-03-2020
Last night I was fortunate enough to have a pour of GTS thanks to Mr. Stearns. Amazing how so many flavors can shine over the oak when it's been in the barrel 15+ years. Thank you Ben. :-)

Later in the evening I craved some more. Nothing on the bar to outdo the GTS, so no need to try. :-)

[Reply]
jledou 05:24 AM 10-05-2020
It took a lot of courage but I did give it a try. Not as bad as I thought it would have been, but I wouldn't go as far to to call it decent or good straight. Mixed the raining with a little Dr. Pepper and it was a decent if interesting mixer but I will not seek it out to do it again.
[Reply]
stearns 07:39 AM 10-05-2020
Some people really like Skrewball. To them I say you can have my portion :-)

Did some work on an 11 year RR pick over the weekend, I've had some that felt a little thin but this one was on point, brown sugar deliciousness :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:45 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not even on a bet, Greg. :-)

Originally Posted by jledou:
It took a lot of courage but I did give it a try. Not as bad as I thought it would have been, but I wouldn't go as far to to call it decent or good straight. Mixed the raining with a little Dr. Pepper and it was a decent if interesting mixer but I will not seek it out to do it again.

Did some work on an 11 year RR pick over the weekend, I've had some that felt a little thin but this one was on point, brown sugar deliciousness :-)
It Kind Of Reminded Me Of Flavored Cigars!:-) Not My Every Day Pour, For Sure!:-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:49 AM 10-05-2020

Which Bourbon Was This, Ben? Brown Sugar Sounds :-).
[Reply]
icehog3 09:13 AM 10-05-2020
Russell's Reserve, Greg, their SiB store picks get a lot of good press.

Cracked one of my Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919 spares last night. If I see one at retail on the shelves, I'll buy this one all day.
[Reply]
stearns 09:16 AM 10-05-2020
Which Bourbon Was This, Ben? Brown Sugar Sounds :-).
I've had good ones and bad ones, this one was a good one :-)

[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:19 AM 10-09-2020
Is Midwinter Nights Dram as good as everyone is claiming? Some MI bourbon threads I’m on have been going nuts about it the last few days as the new act just came out. Trying to decide if I should try and seek it out with the hefty price tag. PS anyone in SE MI have an idea where I can find a bottle of Stagg JR or Weller 12? Those are my two unicorn bottles I’m trying to get my hands on. Thanks
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:36 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Is Midwinter Nights Dram as good as everyone is claiming? Some MI bourbon threads I’m on have been going nuts about it the last few days as the new act just came out. Trying to decide if I should try and seek it out with the hefty price tag. PS anyone in SE MI have an idea where I can find a bottle of Stagg JR or Weller 12? Those are my two unicorn bottles I’m trying to get my hands on. Thanks
I'm a big fan of the Midwinter Nights Dram....going thru a bottle of Act7/Scene 4 now....I don't think you'll be disappointed
[Reply]
icehog3 09:55 AM 10-09-2020
Although the batches vary, I've liked all the MWND batches I have tried. I must have become a fan just after Keith, I'm working a Chapter 7 Scene 5.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 199
« First < 2272112120121122 123124132172 > Last »
Up