Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Entertainment>Shutter Island (2010)
Darrell 03:08 PM 02-17-2010
SYNOPSIS:

Originally Posted by :
It's 1954, and up-and-coming U.S. marshal Teddy Daniels is assigned to investigate the disappearance of a patient from Boston's Shutter Island Ashecliffe Hospital. He's been pushing for an assignment on the island for personal reasons, but before long he wonders whether he hasn't been brought there as part of a twisted plot by hospital doctors whose radical treatments range from unethical to illegal to downright sinister. Teddy's shrewd investigating skills soon provide a promising lead, but the hospital refuses him access to records he suspects would break the case wide open. As a hurricane cuts off communication with the mainland, more dangerous criminals "escape" in the confusion, and the puzzling, improbable clues multiply, Teddy begins to doubt everything - his memory, his partner, even his own sanity.
Is anyone else looking forward to seeing this movie? I think I'll get on Fandango and order my tickets NOW. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:14 PM 02-17-2010
Looks like something I'd like to see. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:18 PM 02-17-2010
It looks like it would be a good movie.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 03:29 PM 02-17-2010
Caught a screener of this back in December. I have to say that I'm usually not a fan of DiCaprio but his last few have impressed me.

Having said that, probably one of his better performances and the movie as a whole is great. Scorcese departs from his usual style and actually does a pretty decent job. This is one I recommend to see at the theatre. 3.5 stars from me.
[Reply]
JE3146 03:39 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Caught a screener of this back in December. I have to say that I'm usually not a fan of DiCaprio but his last few have impressed me.

Having said that, probably one of his better performances and the movie as a whole is great. Scorcese departs from his usual style and actually does a pretty decent job. This is one I recommend to see at the theatre. 3.5 stars from me.
Not to totally dismiss your rating, but 3.5 stars doesn't scream 'must see' :-)

Any reason for the 3.5?

Having said that, I've been looking foreword to this film for a while now.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:48 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I have to say that I'm usually not a fan of DiCaprio...
:-) Not a DiCraprio fan. I'll pass. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Neuromancer 04:19 PM 02-17-2010
I am...big Leonardo fan as he's very talented, and this movie looks likeit will be right up my alley horror-wise...
[Reply]
Darrell 04:22 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
I am...big Leonardo fan as he's very talented, and this movie looks likeit will be right up my alley horror-wise...
I am also a big Leonardo fan. I think if he continues to grow as an Actor he will be regarded as one of the greats.
[Reply]
hotreds 04:25 PM 02-17-2010
Debating btwn this and Wolfman for Sat. I'm leaning towards this as I imagine Wolfman will be a gore fest- something mama does NOT like.
[Reply]
Darrell 04:28 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Debating btwn this and Wolfman for Sat. I'm leaning towards this as I imagine Wolfman will be a gore fest- something mama does NOT like.
Apparently Wolfman is plain horrible. Typically I ignore reviews from critics and most people I know, but I have not heard ONE good thing about the movie.
[Reply]
eber 08:36 PM 02-17-2010
I can't wait to see Shutter Island, probably going to see it on Sunday :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:31 PM 02-17-2010
I just bought my tickets for Friday at 8 PM. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:38 PM 02-17-2010
I am not a Leo fan at all. I find him to be the weak link in 99% of the movies he does. I will probably watch this when it comes on dvd.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 11:49 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Apparently Wolfman is plain horrible. Typically I ignore reviews from critics and most people I know, but I have not heard ONE good thing about the movie.
It was horrendous. I seriously fell asleep for a good 10 min.

And THIS movie, I am looking forward to it! I might try to get a midnight showing. This looks very good.
[Reply]
jsnake 08:35 AM 02-18-2010
I am looking forward to seeing this. Not a fan of DiCrapio at all but he has made a few good movies. As for ratings? Seems like when a critic slams a movie I love it. The movies they love I think are garbage. Just like cigars, we all have different tastes.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:37 AM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by jsnake:
I am looking forward to seeing this. Not a fan of DiCrapio at all but he has made a few good movies. As for ratings? Seems like when a critic slams a movie I love it. The movies they love I think are garbage. Just like cigars, we all have different tastes.
Usually the ones he ends up dieing in. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:48 AM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Usually the ones he ends up dieing in. :-)
Titanic totally worked for me as a snuff film. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ActionAndy 09:24 AM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Titanic totally worked for me as a snuff film. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
What a goofy movie. Never let go Jack! And then she pries his dead fingers off and sends him to hell. I seem to be the only one that views the film as a statement on women's behaviors lol...Anyone else notice that she was floating on something big enough for two people? I mean especially Leonardo, he was like 5'3 in that movie.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:32 AM 02-18-2010
I'm really looking forward to this! DiCaprio and Scorsesee are starting to make a great team.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:37 AM 02-18-2010
Shutter Island trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iaYLCiq5RM
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up