Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Entertainment>American Chopper canceled
markem 11:27 AM 02-10-2010
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...show-canceled/

I've only seen a couple of episodes of this show and was never impressed with the "made for TV drama". I did think that they had some solid skills as builder though. News of the cancellation came through on my motorcycle mail list today.

Used to be a huge fan of Jesse James, but drifted away about the time he went Hollywood.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:31 AM 02-10-2010
Seems like that family has developed more problems because of the show than money from the show. Kind of tragic to watch the relationship between Sr. and Jr. and Mikey fall apart on TV. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:31 AM 02-10-2010
That show got horrible a year ago when Jr. left.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:33 AM 02-10-2010
Too much drama for me. Dad is wired wrong with rage issues, the boys are all showing signs of taking after Daddy's dysfunction. Making neat stuff = Great time. Acting like a spoiled 12 year old boy throwing a man sized tantrum for 35 of 50 minutes? No thanks.
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 11:47 AM 02-10-2010
Never liked the show....
[Reply]
nayslayer 11:53 AM 02-10-2010
I actully live in the area, this has going on for a while. He seems like a decent guy in person, i just hope the huge showcase they just a built a year or so go send them all down the crapper. I know they were planning on a resturaunt there too, not sure how that will work out now
[Reply]
Sr Mike 11:56 AM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Seems like that family has developed more problems because of the show than money from the show. Kind of tragic to watch the relationship between Sr. and Jr. and Mikey fall apart on TV. :-)
Problems were there long before the show.

Daddy is suing Jr. for his shares of OCC and $1 million on top of it.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:59 AM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
Problems were there long before the show.

Daddy is suing Jr. for his shares of OCC and $1 million on top of it.
What is his basis for suing Jr.?
[Reply]
icehog3 12:24 PM 02-10-2010
Hope they have a fire sale on their bikes. :-)
[Reply]
markem 12:28 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
What is his basis for suing Jr.?
http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/ame...r-2544624.html

Here is the article. Many comments as well at the link.

The father/son team behind the hit TV series American Chopper may be heading to court. Paul Teutul, Sr. has filed a lawsuit against son Paul Teutul, Jr. over who has control of Orange County Choppers, the family company made famous by the long-running reality show. Paul Tuetul, Sr. claims his son misappropriated assets and took part in "competitive business activities" that damaged the company.

Through the Paul Teutel lawsuit, dad hopes to buy out his son's shares in Orange County Choppers. According to court documents, Paul Sr. sent a letter to his son saying that he was exercising his option to buy out his son's share in the company. According to Paul Sr., his son never complied.

Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul M. Teutul had a very public falling out, which was chronicled on American Chopper. In the Season 6 premiere, Paul Sr. and son had a contentious contract dispute, which led to Paul Jr.'s departure from the company. After a brief reconciliation, Paul Jr. left the OCC for good to explore other opportunities. In later episodes, Paul Jr. was seen working as a consultant at Orange County Choppers.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:31 PM 02-10-2010
I understand now, thanks Mark.
[Reply]
e-man67 12:39 PM 02-10-2010
I had a chance to meet Sr and he seemed pretty cool...money gets the best of folks I guess. (look at Billy Lane of Choppers Inc, early on kinda humble and low key..then gets money and repeatedly acted like an ass and ends up killing someone drunk driving..he was THE most talented bike builder ever IMO) I did like the show early on..now it's just sad.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 01:26 PM 02-10-2010
The show was ok up until Vinny left, he was doing all the work and had to deal with the two bozos:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 01:27 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hope they have a fire sale on their bikes. :-)
That would be fantastic :-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 01:33 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
The show was ok up until Vinny left, he was doing all the work and had to deal with the two bozos:-)
Can't agree more about Vinnie,..... and for the rest...who gives a crap :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:36 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I agree, he seemed like a good guy.
[Reply]
newcigarz 01:52 PM 02-10-2010
good riddance. I don't think they are a Ducati dealership anymore either.
[Reply]
SDmate 02:18 PM 02-10-2010
Vinnie & Cody started there own shop called V-Force Customs
they will also have a tv show starting soon
[Reply]
marge796 02:40 PM 02-10-2010
I was a fan at the beginning of the series but lost interest when JR & SR did nothing but scream at each other, all too familiar :-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
landhoney 02:50 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/ame...r-2544624.html

Here is the article. Many comments as well at the link.

The father/son team behind the hit TV series American Chopper may be heading to court. Paul Teutul, Sr. has filed a lawsuit against son Paul Teutul, Jr. over who has control of Orange County Choppers, the family company made famous by the long-running reality show. Paul Tuetul, Sr. claims his son misappropriated assets and took part in "competitive business activities" that damaged the company.

Through the Paul Teutel lawsuit, dad hopes to buy out his son's shares in Orange County Choppers. According to court documents, Paul Sr. sent a letter to his son saying that he was exercising his option to buy out his son's share in the company. According to Paul Sr., his son never complied.

Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul M. Teutul had a very public falling out, which was chronicled on American Chopper. In the Season 6 premiere, Paul Sr. and son had a contentious contract dispute, which led to Paul Jr.'s departure from the company. After a brief reconciliation, Paul Jr. left the OCC for good to explore other opportunities. In later episodes, Paul Jr. was seen working as a consultant at Orange County Choppers.
I had no idea about any of this, haven't seen the show in a while, obviously. Wow.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up