Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Ditka's "The Coach" by Comacho
TheBigAsh 04:52 AM 01-24-2013
I had previously seen in an industry mag that Mike Ditka was lending his name to a line of cigars called the “Kickoff Series” There are three versions, “The Player”, “The Coach” and “The Hall of Famer”. Each one comes in a decorative box denoting the line and size. All three lines come in Toro (6 x 50) Robusto ( 5 x 50) Torpedo ( 6 1/4 x 54) and the big gun of the line, a 6 x 60. The Player and The Coach are both medium bodied smokes but with different wrappers and binders. Should you want to step up your game there’s The Hall of Famer, this one is a full bodied smoke. I purchased The Coach and The Hall of Famer.

I opted to go with The Coach first.

As I usually do, I took a pre-lit sniff. It smelled of cinnamon and chocolate. It draws wonderfully and immediately produced big, thick amounts of smoke which continued the entire time. At a couple points I detected the distinct flavor of chocolate. The ash was dark grey and held on for an inch 1/4 before falling off. The Coach lasted me about 75 minutes and was very enjoyable. Comacho did a solid job on this. I give The Coach 4 ashes out of 5
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:58 AM 01-24-2013
I'm confused.
You say you can't taste your cigars, how are you reviewing them? :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:27 AM 01-24-2013
:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:43 AM 01-24-2013
Hmmmm....name confusion?:-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:52 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I'm confused.
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Hmmmm....name confusion?:-)
Nope...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60342

:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:56 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I'm confused.
Glad I'm not the only one scratching his head over that.
[Reply]
Up