Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New Project Humi
roughrider 12:07 PM 09-26-2009
This is going to look great. Keep us updated.
[Reply]
Poronico 01:34 PM 09-26-2009
I am having some issues finding cedar locally that isn't horribly priced, So going to have to wait till next payday and order some online.
[Reply]
sfbr 12:45 PM 09-27-2009
That is going to be great. Cool Idea
[Reply]
eber 04:59 PM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by Poronico:
I am having some issues finding cedar locally that isn't horribly priced, So going to have to wait till next payday and order some online.
from what I understand you don't have to use spanish cedar, you just should use a hardwood that doesn't have a strong odor. The wood is more for regulating temp and RH fluctuations rather than for the cedary smell.
[Reply]
Poronico 05:10 PM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by eber:
from what I understand you don't have to use spanish cedar, you just should use a hardwood that doesn't have a strong odor. The wood is more for regulating temp and RH fluctuations rather than for the cedary smell.
I was aware of this, but I have always lived by a saying my dad uses all the time. " if your gonna do something, you might as well do it right " With the regulation of RH being the primary function of the humi and well as a vessel to age the smokes in I am not gonna cut any corners. I found a place in seattle that has the wood I need, just found them today. Now its going to be a matter of coming up with the loot for the wood. :-)
[Reply]
eber 03:31 PM 09-29-2009
good luck with the humi. and BTW I wasn't implying that you should do it the wrong way, or cut corners. Just saying that you might be able to get another kind of wood that will work just as well and cost less, then you could spend the left over money on sticks to fill that beauty up :-)
[Reply]
Poronico 03:42 PM 09-29-2009
This is why I like face to face interactions more hehe, I figured it wasn't meant to be negative, I appreciate all constructive criticism I think that is how projects turn out to be great instead of just good :-)
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 05:40 PM 09-29-2009
Have you checked Woodworkers Source? I get it there for around 5 bucks a board foot. (A board foot is length x width divided by 144)
[Reply]
slickster81 05:27 AM 09-30-2009
I have a time machine.......

Originally Posted by akumushi:
Great idea. I can't wait to see the end product! Now, if you could just figure out a way to set that clock faster, so that they'll age quicker... some kind of humidor/time machine?
:-)

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up