Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Colibri Firebird2 Lighter Review Video
kaelaria 06:02 AM 09-18-2009

This lighter offers dual flames, for nice slow toasting of cigars. The flames are wide and tall to accommodate even the largest ring gauges. It’s major drawback is the small fuel supply and no fuel window. 4 lights per fill is average.

http://cigarobsession.com/2009/09/18/colibri-fb2light/
[Reply]
adampc22 06:20 AM 09-18-2009
i had one and it got to like a million degrees before i had even lit the cigar and was 2 hot to hold
[Reply]
kaelaria 06:21 AM 09-18-2009
I covered that in the video - if you relax your grip it can happen.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:18 AM 09-18-2009
The Firebird series is the only Colibri I would even consider owning. I would never buy one but if somebody gave it to me, I would use it. The least expensive Colibiri's actually last much longer. We average about 3 Colibri returns a week. God, they suck!
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 09:06 AM 09-18-2009
"4 lights per fill is average."

That's just down right terrible!

I was gifted an original Firebird, and once I took the "govenor" off it works great and has a flame much more appropriate for lighting a cigar.

[Reply]
Dux 09:08 AM 09-18-2009
I've had a few Colibri's Lighters over the years and none have Impressed me yet.
I still grab my Blue Rino from Heartfelt when I need to light my cigar.

I haven't Given up on Colibri yet, I still like the designs they put out.
[Reply]
Dux 09:09 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry:
"4 lights per fill is average."

That's just down right terrible!

I was gifted an original Firebird, and once I took the "govenor" off it works great and has a flame much more appropriate for lighting a cigar.

I agree 4 lights is really low, If you want a great Lighter pick up a blazer :-)
All the cool kids have one "Except me" One of these days I will pick one up :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:10 AM 09-18-2009
Their is a reason they went under, they suck ass.
[Reply]
kaelaria 09:43 AM 09-18-2009
Yes 4 lights as I mention is low. But you have to remember this is 2 minutes of total lighting time. Don't compare that to using a torch, which would translate to 15+ lights. Apples and oranges.
[Reply]
Up