Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>HygroSet II digital problem... Help!
AlohaStyle 02:30 PM 09-15-2009
Hey guys,

I bought a digital HygroSet II hygrometer from CI last month which is the adjustable kind. I salt tested it a couple times to make sure it was an accurate reading and when I went to turn the adjustable knob to make it read 75%, the number wouldn't change. I pulled the battery out a few times to reset and tried a bunch of things, but no luck.

I contacted CI and just got a replacement. After doing another extensive salt test, I tried adjusting to 75% and it isn't moving again! I turn the knob but the number doesn't change. I haven't pushed the "lock" button at all and reset it again with no luck. :-)

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick I don't know about? I'm pretty pissed but was wondering if I need to do something the instructions aren't saying.

I need to get my Edgestar running to perfection before my ChasDen trays come in!?!

Please help and thanks for any responses!
[Reply]
AD720 02:32 PM 09-15-2009
I'm pretty sure the number doesn't immediately change when you turn the knob.

Try testing it and then making small adjustments every few minutes instead until you get it right.
[Reply]
aich75013 02:51 PM 09-15-2009
I don't remember if the number on the display changes.
I don't think it is supposed to.
You have to "feel" for the clicks to know how much you turned the knob.
Then press the button to set it.

Have you tried that?
[Reply]
aich75013 02:54 PM 09-15-2009
Found this with a google search:

Originally Posted by :
Once you have noted the difference between what your hygro reads and what it should, pull the hygro out of the bag and carefully turn the adjustment knob clockwise to increase the reading, or counterclockwise to reduce the reading.

In both cases, 1 click=1%. The display will NOT change while you are doing this. Don't worry, your changes are being made, you just have to press the small "Set" button for the hygro to accept the change.

[Reply]
AD720 03:07 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by aich75013:
Found this with a google search:

Once you have noted the difference between what your hygro reads and what it should, pull the hygro out of the bag and carefully turn the adjustment knob clockwise to increase the reading, or counterclockwise to reduce the reading.

In both cases, 1 click=1%. The display will NOT change while you are doing this. Don't worry, your changes are being made, you just have to press the small "Set" button for the hygro to accept the change.
:-) Bingo.
[Reply]
Up