Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 20 of 29
« First < 10181920 2122 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>nice rums?
RGD. 02:17 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Had the pleasure of trying Firefly Spiced Rum when I was in South Carolina. I'm not usually into the spiced stuff but this was excellent. I brought home 2 bottles and am now down to one.

MCS
I'm not big into spiced and/or flavored rums myself - but - if you run across some "Shipwreck Spiced Rum" you may want to try a bottle or two. I've had several bottles now and enjoy it from time to time.

Ron
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:20 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by RGD.:
I'm not big into spiced and/or flavored rums myself - but - if you run across some "Shipwreck Spiced Rum" you may want to try a bottle or two. I've had several bottles now and enjoy it from time to time.

Ron
I will look for it!

Thanks!

MCS
[Reply]
Aporschaguy 08:46 PM 08-05-2011
Run Abuelo 12yrs from Panama is a personal favorite. I drank allot of it when I lived there. Unfortunately you can't find it in Canada. Another great sipping Rum is Zecappa 15 or 25yr from Guatemala.
[Reply]
RGD. 09:40 PM 08-05-2011
Been a good week! First the Santa Teresa 1796 Antiguo and now these: Ron Zacapa XO and Flor de Caņa Centenario Gold 18 Year Old. Excited to try the XO. And you know you really can't go wrong with Flor de Caņa!

Ron

[Reply]
RWhisenand 10:10 PM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by Aporschaguy:
Run Abuelo 12yrs from Panama is a personal favorite. I drank allot of it when I lived there. Unfortunately you can't find it in Canada. Another great sipping Rum is Zecappa 15 or 25yr from Guatemala.
Ron Abuelo is one of, if not my favorite. We trek down to Panama about once every two years or so, and we always bring back four bottles.
[Reply]
Aporschaguy 11:19 PM 08-05-2011
Been a good week! First the Santa Teresa 1796 Antiguo and now these: Ron Zacapa XO and Flor de Caņa Centenario Gold 18 Year Old. Excited to try the XO. And you know you really can't go wrong with Flor de Caņa!

Ron

Oh man the XO is good stuff... Mmmmm.
[Reply]
RGD. 10:19 PM 08-12-2011
A few more pickups: Zafra 21, Ron Matusalem 18 year and Diplomatico Reserva.

Ron
[Reply]
pnoon 10:25 PM 08-12-2011

Can I hang out with you, Ron? :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 10:39 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Can I hang out with you, Ron? :-)
Sure thing Peter. And if you can't really find something in those pictures I could always bust open one of the bottles of Zaya "Guatemalan" - in addition to whatever you could find in the other 70 or 80 bottles I might have on hand.

Say - don't you have a trip planned out this way this fall? :-)

Ron
[Reply]
Bill86 10:58 PM 08-12-2011
70-80 bottles?!?! Holy $hit nice collection. :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 12:41 AM 08-13-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
70-80 bottles?!?! Holy $hit nice collection. :-)
Yeah - give or take a few bottles. Probably give. Here is a list from 2009 that I haven't updated since then. When I get my little mini bar area done in the next month, and my shelves up, then I will inventory again.

2009 Rum List

Ron
[Reply]
pnoon 07:33 AM 08-13-2011
Sure thing Peter. And if you can't really find something in those pictures I could always bust open one of the bottles of Zaya "Guatemalan" - in addition to whatever you could find in the other 70 or 80 bottles I might have on hand.

Say - don't you have a trip planned out this way this fall? :-)

Ron
Yes. Yes, I do. :-)
[Reply]
issues 10:08 AM 08-13-2011
Nice pickups Ron! :-)

That bottle of Zafra has me very intrigued. I have read some excellent reviews on it but have yet to pull the trigger due to its price.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:35 AM 08-13-2011
I tried the Captains Private Stock this week. Neat and with a cube. A bit of a "cheap, chemical tasting, artificial baking vanilla" finish to it.
I will probably consume the rest with some coke zero or something.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:04 AM 08-13-2011
I'd love to get a bottle of that Diplomatico but most online vendors cannot ship hard liquor to Nevada!
[Reply]
RGD. 11:35 AM 08-13-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I tried the Captains Private Stock this week. Neat and with a cube. A bit of a "cheap, chemical tasting, artificial baking vanilla" finish to it.
I will probably consume the rest with some coke zero or something.
When I drink the Captains, I only drink the Private Stock but I don't sip it - a little Coke Zero helps it.

Ron
[Reply]
rizzle 11:49 AM 08-15-2011
Santa Teresa has been on my to find list for a long while now. Was in a little store over in Maryland Sunday cause they had Cruzan Cream Rum on sale for $10 a bottle - and while looking over the shelf's - right there on the top was my prize. Three bottles. I bought two and my friend Bob got one. He said he didn't know what it was but if I was buying two he better grab the last one.

:-)

Ron

That one tops my list of rums.
[Reply]
RGD. 07:51 PM 08-21-2011
So popped the cork on one bottle of Santa Teresa 1796 tonight. Had a bit more bite than I expected - but very good flavor and a long long aftertaste.

Been wanting a bottle of Santa Teresa for so long that maybe my expectations for it were a bit high. Compared to the El Dorado 15 I had last night (staple in my collection) - the El Dorado had less bite and a lot sweeter.

Overall though - Santa Teresa is a great rum, really impressed by the long aftertaste that lingers.

Ron
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:21 PM 08-21-2011
Ron,
Next year you'll have to go to Shack... I brought a bottle of Flor de Cana 21 that was hardly touched... I left it... hopefully it'll still be around to drink.
[Reply]
RGD. 06:00 PM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Ron,
Next year you'll have to go to Shack... I brought a bottle of Flor de Cana 21 that was hardly touched... I left it... hopefully it'll still be around to drink.
Hardly touched??? That's just sinful there. The 21 has been on my "to get" list for some time now. I have a couple bottles of 18 but haven't found 21 yet. Guess one of these days I'll have to break down and start using mail order.

Ron
[Reply]
Page 20 of 29
« First < 10181920 2122 > Last »
Up