Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Is anyone else OCD with their ashtrays?
Darrell 10:23 AM 11-22-2008
I am borderline OCD with cleaning my ashtrays. At the end of each week I wash my ashtray out with dish soap and water or if it's dirty after I dump it I will wipe it down with a paper towel and water. As far as my big stinky goes, after a herf I will hand wash the entire ashtray and each stirrup individually.

I don't know why I do, but I like a clean ashtray.

Anyone else like this?
[Reply]
hotreds 10:25 AM 11-22-2008
Not me
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:35 AM 11-22-2008
Darrell has been known to yell at a few us that through anything but ash or butts in the Big Stinky at his Herfs!!!:-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 10:36 AM 11-22-2008
Umm I wash mine after each smoking session so I guess that is max OCD...now I don't use soap....just use water...and wipe it dry.
[Reply]
gnukfu 10:36 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Darrell has been known to yell at a few us that through anything but ash or butts in the Big Stinky at his Herfs!!!:-)
I would yell too! It's an "ash"tray Darrell....:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:39 AM 11-22-2008
One time at the shop some of the regulars threw CHICKEN BONES in the stinky. I was :-):-):-):-):-):-):-).
[Reply]
longknocker 10:42 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I am borderline OCD with cleaning my ashtrays. At the end of each week I wash my ashtray out with dish soap and water or if it's dirty after I dump it I will wipe it down with a paper towel and water. As far as my big stinky goes, after a herf I will hand wash the entire ashtray and each stirrup individually.

I don't know why I do, but I like a clean ashtray.

Anyone else like this?
I'm OCD at work, but not with my ashtray! Interesting thoughts!:-) I clean mine out with a wet rag and then store it underneath the couch on my patio.:-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 10:42 AM 11-22-2008
You know you'll be needing therapy when you start waxing them too!!
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:48 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
One time at the shop some of the regulars threw CHICKEN BONES in the stinky. I was :-):-):-):-):-):-):-).
After working in a cigar store you see crazy ****. Twice now cleaning up I've found the remains of those red/white swirl mints left in an ashtray. Of course by this time they are stuck to the damn thing.:-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:48 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
You know you'll be needing therapy when you start waxing them too!!
Whats wrong with that?????? :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:48 AM 11-22-2008
I also like keeping my ashtrays clean, don't like having all those spent ashes in there. In fact, when I go to an establishment and use their ashtrays, I ask the server/bartender to wash the ashtray for me before I use it. I guess I am just a little OCD about it. :-)
[Reply]
duckmanco 10:50 AM 11-22-2008
My stinky is such a nice piece, I even get a little miffed when the extended family puts cigarette butts in it. I know it shouldn't matter, but still, its for CIGARS. With that said, I don't clean nearly as I often as I want to in the summer because I am just going to dirty it the next night.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:51 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by duckmanco:
My stinky is such a nice piece, I even get a little miffed when the extended family puts cigarette butts in it. I know it shouldn't matter, but still, its for CIGARS. With that said, I don't clean nearly as I often as I want to in the summer because I am just going to dirty it the next night.
My Mom is a cigarette smoker and I won't let her put butts in my cigar ashtrays when she is over.
[Reply]
groogs 10:53 AM 11-22-2008
I don't even use an ashtray. I always smoke in the back yard and ash on the ground. When I am done I stomp the but into the groud and leave it to compost, so I would have to say I am not OCD about the ashtray.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:02 AM 11-22-2008
I dump mine daily or every other day, mainly because I smoke inside and dont like the smell of the stale butts. I wash them or use a wet wipe weekly. Not really OCD, but I keep my ashtrays cleaner than my stove!:-)
[Reply]
shvictor 11:05 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I dump mine daily or every other day, mainly because I smoke inside and dont like the smell of the stale butts. I wash them or use a wet wipe weekly. Not really OCD, but I keep my ashtrays cleaner than my stove!:-)
Remind me to never come over for dinner :-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 11:09 AM 11-22-2008
I usually dump out my ashtrays daily, I clean the porcelain ones with water and the crystal one with diluted windex.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:12 AM 11-22-2008
No. I have a Stinky and I used to clean it all the time, but now it just stays out back and I dump out the ashes and nubs when it starts to get full. It hasn't seen soap and water in years. I clean the stirrups though. However, I'm starting to look around for a nice ashtray and I will definitely clean it after every use.
[Reply]
MikeyC 11:15 AM 11-22-2008
I don't use an ashtray too much because most of my smoking is outdoors in places where I can ash on the ground. When I do use an ashtray it's usually in a cigar bar. So, it's not my ashtray. On the extremely rare occassion where I actually use my own ashtray I do bring it in the kitchen when I'm done and clean it thoroughly with dish soap.
[Reply]
BigFrank 11:23 AM 11-22-2008
I just wait till mine gets real nasty, then hope it will clean up.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up