Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 232
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 03:55 AM 02-09-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, no luck in getting any CigarFest tickets as of yet. By the time I got through on the telephone, the VIH and General Admission tickets were sold out. Now it's time to watch all the cigar boards and see if I can aquire that way. As far as today goes, the weather guessers are predicting another good one for the East Coast. It looks like we'll be getting around 8 to 10 inches of the white stuff starting tonight into tomorrow:

Tonight: Snow likely, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming northeast between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Wednesday: Snow and areas of blowing snow. High near 29. Blustery, with a north wind between 10 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow before midnight, then a chance of snow between midnight and 3am, then a slight chance of snow after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Blustery, with a north wind between 17 and 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:44 AM 02-10-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. We had an "Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call" at 0400(4am) this morning as a result of the pending storm heading our way. West Point is "Code Red" today which means that only emergency personnel have to report to work so the snow removal folks can do their jobs. It's always nice to be able to stay home especially on a Wednesday to break up the work week :-) . Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" as well and enjoys a favorite ceegar or two or....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:00 AM 02-11-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday, we ended up with a good 9+ inches of snow and now the storm is out to sea. We have a 2 hour delay this morning as the mountain that a majority of us cross to get to work is a bit slick still as well as other major roads that lead into West Point from outlining communities. Since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying primo ceegars and viewing the guys pictures from last weeks trip to Nicaragua. Israel (uptown_isy) posted a few pictures in his photo gallery here:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...bum&album=1326

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kingst...=photos&ref=ts

Isy did post a lot more of them on the Uptown Cigar Shop Facebook page if you are imterested. If you're close by, stop and join us for a cigar or two and if your not in the area, I hope you enjoy a stogie or two as well........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:12 AM 02-12-2010
Good morning all yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday they had the Duel 150s (NASCAR races) to determine who's in and who's out of the Daytona 500 this Sunday as well as the line up. http://www.nascar.com/ Tonight is the first truck series race and then tomorrow is the opening Nationwide series race with Danica Patrick make her debut in that race as well. Well, last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars we had a great time talkin' all sorts of cigar news and enjoying primo sticks as well. I hope everyone has a super weekend and don't forget that Sunday is Valentines Day and remember you better half....... :-)

T.G.I.F.
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:22 AM 02-13-2010
Good morning everyone and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on!!! Due to the inclement weather down in Daytona Beach yesterday, the NASCAR Camping World Truck series race got rescheduled to this evening at 1830(6:30pm). Also today we have the Nationwide series race at 1300(1pm) which should be a good one. I'm just anxious to see some good side by side racing at Daytona and as Darrell Waltrip says it: "Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's Go Racin' Boys". Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:14 AM 02-14-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewing. Well, there were two great races yesterday building up to today's Daytona 500. I can hardly wait to hit the sports bar and watch this great American race. Hopefully, Dale Jr. wins it or at least finishes in the top 5 and Mark Martin takes the checkered as it's one of the races he has yet to win. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoy........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:28 AM 02-15-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday's Daytona 500 was a long one with 2 extended delays due to problems with the track. After it was all over, congrats to Jamie McMurray and the entire Earnhardt Ganassi Racing team. Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the #88 Amp Chevrolet made a final charge and ended up 2nd to make it a good points day.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/head...500/index.html

Not sure what's up for today as of yet, I may have to stop by a local cigar shop and enjoy a primo stogie and see how the fellas are doin'. I hope everyone has a good President's Day and enjoys it as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:08 AM 02-16-2010
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. We had a good day yesterday up in Kingston, NY visiting Israel and the crew at the Uptown Cigar Company. We made our way over to Lucy's Tacos for lunch which is always a treat for mexican food lovers. This week should go by rather quickly since we only have to work 4 days and and tomorrow is already "Hump Day". I hope everyone has a good day and takes the time to enjoy a favorite cigar or two or....... :-)

Oh yeah, the official count down for the Quad State Herf has begun. 10 days and a wake up!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:08 AM 02-17-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewin'. There's not much going on today except that the Olympics are in full stride, and it's already "Hump Day" today. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:56 AM 02-18-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday the pitchers and catchers arrived at Spring Training so it's only a little time now that we start to see some baseball again. Don't get me wrong, I love the Winter Olympics and you know that I'm a huge NASCAR fan, but baseball is the American pass time as we know. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and catching up on this weeks happenings. If you're in the area and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:14 AM 02-19-2010
Good morning all, the coffee is on and a big T.G.I.F. We had a good time last night with a packed house at Sclesinger's / Hudson valley Cigars. You can feel the excitement in the air about next week's Quad State Herf and also the planning of CigarFest 2010. I've been working on the QSH now since December and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, this weekend has a lot going on, we have NASCAR, Olympics and a few other sports to watch on the TV. Also, my brother-in-law Kenny is retiring from the U.S. Mint here at West Point and the family is throuwing him a big retirement party Saturday evening. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys a few of their favorites through out it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:22 AM 02-20-2010
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is brewin'. I got home yesterday from work to a stack of boxes from all over the world and I'll have to tell you, I was blown away! The support we have this year for next week's Quad State Herf is amazing. The "Cause" we are all getting together for is the best (Wounded Warriors) and I know it's going to be an incredible time. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:07 AM 02-21-2010
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. We had a great time last night at my brother-in-laws surprise retirement party. There were over 100 guests which included fammily, friends past and present co-workers and he is loved by all. Today we have more of the Winter Olympics on as well as the NASCAR Race from Fontana, CA which starts at 1500(3pm). I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:01 AM 02-22-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin' as always. Yesterday between the NASCAR race from Cali to the Olympics on a couple of different channels, the day was packed with non-stop action. Congrats to Jimmie Johnson for winning the Auto Club 500 as well as all the U.S. Olympians for winning their medals yesterday. Well, we are 5 days from the Quad State Herf and I can hardly contain myself. I am checking out the weather for the week and we have light flurriers off and on through out it. Here is what NOAA has so far and I'm sure it will change as the weathere guessers have been off lately:

I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:46 AM 02-23-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0330(3:30am) since we had a scheduled "Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call" at 0400(4am). The roads are pretty crappy right now especially on the mountain that a majority of us come over to get to West Point. Hopefully the road crews get out there and salt / sand the pavement to lower the number of fender benders that will occur today. Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe one and enjoy the day as much as possible...... :-)

Oh yeah, we are 3 days and a wake up from the Quad State Herf!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:04 AM 02-24-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0330(3:30am) again since we had another scheduled "Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call" at 0400(4am). This time, we have a "Code Red" until 0930(9:30am) and then "Code White" for the remainder of the day:

(USMA Snow Policy (Non-emergency positions)

"WEST POINT IS CODE WHITE UNTIL (stated time, or, all day)." The West Point Snow Policy is in effect until the stated time, or all day. Employees, who might be prevented from reporting to work, should be granted annual leave, accrued compensatory time or LWOP if they prefer. Employees still need to contact their supervisor for approval. Specific procedures for requesting leave in these circumstances are at the discretion of each activity.

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED UNTIL (slated time)" Employees should not report until the announcement time. Supervisors will excuse absences without charge to leave for all employees affected whether or not leave was previously approved. Employees who do not report for work by the announced time will be charged leave for the remainder of their absence if it was properly requested and approved.

http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherConditions/

Tomorrow, they are predicting another 10 to 15 inches of snow which will most likely shut West Point down for the day and I was already planning on taking Friday off to get the goodie bags and stuff together for the Quad State Herf. I hope everyone has a good day and if your out there in this wintery mix, please be careful and watch out for the other guy as well...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:28 AM 02-25-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0330(3:30am). As a result of this morning's weather call and the predictions of our weather guessers, West Point is a "Code Red" all day.

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED ALL DAY." Only employees in emergency positions should report to work. Employees in non-emergency positions should not report to work until their next regularly scheduled workday.

As far as the Quad State Herf goes, I have talked with the owner of the Meadowbrook and we are on no matter what. "No amount of snow, sleet, or rain will pull me away from this thing". There are already S/BOTL traveling in this direction and I wish you the safest traveling possible. The same goes for everyone tomorrow and Saturday as well. Give yourselves a little more time and make it to the event safely. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:03 AM 03-01-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Quad State Herf was another success even though it didn't go off as initially planned. We took the worst of things and made the best out of it. Thanks to everyone for coming out and for being part of history. There are still thousands of homes without power since Thursday and the roofers got the snow off my home yesterday taking the weight off it it allowing us back it. It's time now to recover and close this out as another successful fund raiser for the Warrior Transition Unit (Wounded Warriors). I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:06 AM 03-02-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Weather wise, the weather guessers are calling for no more that an inch or two between tonight and tomorrow and that's it for a while:

I think we've see the one major storm of the year and I hope that's it for the decade as well. I hope everyone that was affected by it is recovering and getting back to the normal day to day operations. Enjoy the day and relax...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:02 AM 03-03-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. There's not to much going on right now except for the winter clean up of last weeks major snow storm. The NHL is back on and spring training down in Florida and Arizona is on as well. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Page 23 of 232
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Up